Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

SVGA

well i tried several other places for an answer. I have a new laptop that needs video drivers. I removed the restore disk trash it comes with and put on a clean win200pro. everything works excpet one thing, the video. it uses a radeon 7500M. When installing the drivers i get an error message saying "error in inf file. try installing standard SVGA adapter first" well so i go to do this, just one problem. how? how do u install a standard SVGA driver in windows2000? i tried the way that always worked in win98, manual driver selection from device manager. however it gives no standard drivers.
this is a dell inspiron 5100
radeon 7500

i tried both drivers from radeon and dell, both say the same(infact they are the same drivers) i tried the drivers that came with it, dell made the drivers for both win2000 and XP. hey its always some item on a laptop that dont work, my other one was the soundcard.

Try the Omega drivers, they have a simplified installation process. I've had similar problems with my R7500 in my desktop; I don't remember what I did to fix it. I haven't had any problems with the Omega's, though.

nope they give same problem. just tell me how to install/setup a basic SVGA driver under windows 2000. nothing else!!! unless u have had this problem before!

Try disabling the current drivers and or installing the new drivers from safe mode.

I don't remember the specifics of how I fixed this, but it was something like this:

1) Uninstall Radeon drivers and the card itself in Device Manager
2) Reboot, at which point Windows happily automatically reinstalls the drivers for you. Thanks!! &%^#&@^$
3) Manually delete the driver from your system.
4) Delete the card from Device Manager, and, upon rebooting, it should load the standard SVGA driver.

Try searching for ATI driver unistallers over at rage3d.com]Rage3D so you don't have to delete the files manually. All of this should be done in safe mode, too.