Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

reversing the palette

i'm trying to reverse the doom palette. and no, not inverse, reverse. anyone know a way to accomplish this?

err, call me stupid but... you want to have negative colors or to have the palette colors ordered the other way round? Cause the difference between reversing and inversing is not really obvious for a non-native english speaker.

heh, that gets a little more annoying than even i would have wished.

fredrik: i wonder if you could reverse each row of the palette as opposed to the whole thing?

Fredrik said:

Eh, what are you trying to do?

he is making mooD-Doom

Now add this to the upside-down e1m1 (and a couple of Heifeweizens)and you have a real trip.

Suh-huh-weet!

I believe there was a tool that would let you convert a palette to a bitmap and vice-versa. Anybody got it/know where it is?

Ultraviolet said:

I believe there was a tool that would let you convert a palette to a bitmap and vice-versa. Anybody got it/know where it is?

yeah this would be perfect if anyone's ever seen this util before.

It may have been one of the Boom tools... but I haven't been able to find it since I used it once and said "Meh, I'll never have any use for that..."
/me kicks self

I believe the util you speak of is that colormap util that comes with the boom editing utils which you use to make colormaps for deep water, though I can't recall if that's what it did.

even so such a program wouldn't be overly hard to make

sweet, cmaptool did its job perfectly.

but apparently a horizontally flipped doom pallette doesn't look too good:

You didn't just flip the palette, it looks like you flipped the RGB triples too.

That reverse-imp would actually make a damn cool new sprite. Like a lava imp or somesuch.

sargebaldy said:

fredrik, yes, that's what i was looking for. mind sending me the palette you used for that?

It's not in the images? :P

Fredrik said:

It's not in the images? :P

heh i didn't know if that would work from a screenshot, although i guess i should have assumed so since zdoom uses PNG for its shots. anyway, i got it working. thanks a lot