Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Aeromaster

it won't run the fuckin thing

I just decided to start experimenting with level editing. I used DeapSea to modify the Entryway level, map 01, of Doom 2. All I really did was change what monsters and items were in the level, I didn't change any layout. I then saved the level and tried to run it, but it kept loading the original map, not my custom one. I tried using the official launcher, and Legacy, but both loaded the original map. Any tips?

Deepsea has some kooky effect that means you can't load levels if you have them open in Deepsea at the same time. Either load the level internally from deepsea (click file > test level), or close Deepsea down and it should work. If you don't want to entirely close deepsea just close the file down instead.

999cop said:

use Wadauthor instead

... it is not a answer. Let him use whatever he want.

999cop said:

use Wadauthor instead

Use WadAuthor to get frustrated after half an hour trying stuff and getting nowhere. (That's what happened to me.) If you are used to any other editor this thing will get you nowhere!

Graf Zahl said:

Use WadAuthor to get frustrated after half an hour trying stuff and getting nowhere. (That's what happened to me.) If you are used to any other editor this thing will get you nowhere!

We all have a fav editor, myself I use wad author. But I don't find it is the right answer to give. Use <insert random level editor>! I use it myself and it is damn good!.

Torn said:

... it is not a answer. Let him use whatever he want.

it was a suggestion so chill

Yeah I know how to load a custom map, but when I do, it loads up as if I left that blank. I'm pretty sure I had deepsea closed, but I'll try again. Who's got a link to WadAuthor? I'm not used to anything yet lol I just started. If I can't get this to work I'll try that one.

OK now I'm real confused. It still won't run my map, but it also won't load any of the other custom maps/wads I d/l. Is there a special folder I haveta put them in? I'm somewhat pissed now.

can you explain exactly how you are trying to run doom with a custom pwad and what directories your executable and wads are in?

Well, I was able to solve the problem. Upon reinstallation, I discovered I was missing a certain .dll file somehow. It works now. Thanks for help guys.