Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Woah, check out these commercials

Fredrik said:

Woah. I'm not laughing because, um, that's an awful truth right there.

bah, obviously it's an awful truth but it's still presented in a funny way.

Ichor said:

And how exactly is that funny?

If you looked more carefully you would've noticed a little Impsex going on in the background.

sargebaldy said:

bah, obviously it's an awful truth but it's still presented in a funny way.

I don't see what's funny.

Fredrik said:

I don't see what's funny.

the poor dialogue delivery? the general goofiness of the situations? it wasn't all THAT funny but it was worthy of a heh.

sargebaldy said:

the poor dialogue delivery? the general goofiness of the situations?

What's poor or goofy about them? The acting seems decent to me. The situations are obviously unrealistic because that's the point, duh. Those two movies depict the events quite prominently, and in any case do get the point across. Abuse of women is nothing I'd laugh at.

Commercials like those would never make it to US televsion. I don't know about other countries but it seems like those actors are American.

Fredrik said:

Abuse of women is nothing I'd laugh at.

you're sick if you think i'm laughing at the abuse of women. that's called an ADVERTISEMENT. it was meant to be amusing, that was the strategy behind the ad. to show how retardedly stupid domestic abuse is.

and the acting wasn't very good, it was pretty exaggerated and comical.

Fredrik said:

What's poor or goofy about them? The acting seems decent to me. The situations are obviously unrealistic because that's the point, duh. Those two movies depict the events quite prominently, and in any case do get the point across. Abuse of women is nothing I'd laugh at.

So basically what your saying is "my husband used to beat me"

sargebaldy said:

it was meant to be amusing, that was the strategy behind the ad.

I think it was meant to catch people's attention, not to be amusing. There's certainly a difference.

Epyo said:

Heh, I accidentally laughed.

heh i didn't laugh but it seems silly that anyone would have to restrain themselves from doing so just because they realize it's a serious issue. yes, it is a serious issue, but it's obviously meant to be an entertaining take on it, considering the majority's natural reaction to it.

sargebaldy said:

it seems silly that anyone would have to restrain themselves from doing so just because they realize it's a serious issue.

I didn't "restrain" myself from laughing because I realized it's a serious issue. I didn't find it funny so there was no restraining involved.

By the way, you got "sick" and "wrong" confused. Way to go about trying to start a flamewar :P

Fredrik said:

I didn't "restrain" myself from laughing because I realized it's a serious issue. I didn't find it funny so there was no restraining involved.

heh i wonder how people like you can play doom and not feel guilty for killing all those imps. i only take something serious when it happens, not when it's staged out for a commercial in an unrealistic way.

sargebaldy said:

heh i wonder how people like you can play doom and not feel guilty for killing all those imps. i only take something serious when it happens, not when it's staged out for a commercial in an unrealistic way.

How about those poor Nazis you kill in Wolf3D? The Nazis have feelings too!!!!

DOOM Anomaly said:

How about those poor Nazis you kill in Wolf3D? The Nazis have feelings too!!!!

heh, exactly. there's a difference between doing something irl and watching it staged out (or playing it firsthand) in some way for amusement. obviously the main purpose of these ads was to inform rather than entertain; but that's not to say it didn't try to do both.

Yeah that's pretty shocking. I didn't laugh.

sargebaldy said:

Domestic violence is happening. Impslaughter on Phobos isn't (besides, the imps are the bad guys).

I know I couldn't play a game like Vietcong and feel OK about it. Though in that case not so much because of the setting as because of the racism.

Fredrik said:

Domestic violence is happening. Impslaughter on Phobos isn't (besides, the imps are the bad guys).

I know I couldn't play a game like Vietcong and feel OK about it. Though in that case not so much because of the setting as because of the racism.

heh, fair enough. i recommend you steer clear of postal 2 then as well =P