Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NightmareZer0

Shooting range

I'm not very good at making levels (specially with moving objects), I need some help. I want to make a shooting range level for doom, with moving targets. But i can't really map it. I want to put some custom targets to shoot at. Can anyone help me make the map? Would be nice to have some acs scripting to know how many targets you shot. Any help would be appreciated.

Basically, you want somebody to do 90% of the work? Bleh. If I could map, sure, I'd do it.

I think you can come a long way without scripting...

There are 2 line-types that while either open a door (IIRC #46) or raise a floor when the line is shot.

Using line type #46 you could make hitting a target raise a sector reveiling a custom scoreboard-texture.

It's possible to make these targets move vertically with "moving floor/ crusher sectors".
Using the "sidescroll" linetype [used with the spine texture in the spirit world] you could create the targets to move horizontally.

Also:
In Sci.wad (made by Scientist) there are moving 3D crates (map02 IIRC). I'm not sure how he did it, but they could be exactly the kind of moving targets you are looking for...

Hope that makes sense and good luck with your project!

Use ZDoom. Draw some targets (replace some monster) and then set patrol routes so the targets walk back and forth.

You could use the lower lines of rising sectors as targets.

---- --- -- --- ----

The series of segments above could be your target. Hit the two-space-wide segment in the middle, get more points. The three and four space segments would be worth less, respectively. Make sure they are all the same sector so the whole target may disappear when hit on any segment. Doing it this way rather than with monsters would better because it would defeat using auto-aim (:D) and will give you more levels of success to attain than just "hit or miss." Consider also incorporating a timer, making the player get the most points in a given amount of time as possible. Using the shotgun would be cheating, obviously, so don't provide one. For maximum score, the player would be forced to aim for the center of each target and move on to the center of the next, but would have to account for refire inaccuracy by releasing the mouse button or key for each shot.

If you were using ZDoom, you could also give the player a specific amount of ammo for whatever weapon and check at the end how much ammo they have left in order to calculate the player's ammo usage efficiency.

Use the boom conveyor belt sector and place some shootable target objetcs on it?, and then put a silent item teleporter in a nice at the end so the ones which arent shot and scroll off the end come back out at the start again