Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unregistered

Question about the site

[bbg] unregistered[/bbg]

EDIT: uh oh, tag = gone!

seriously though, what is this /girls? not that i know what happened to it but i'm curious.

monochrome said:

[bbg] unregistered[/bbg]

pwned

Anyway, I guess Ling removed it because it has nothing to do with Doom, since this is a Doom site and all.

I believe Am I Hot or Not (as it was called) was getting more hits than the front page for several days, and was consuming massive amounts of bandwidth.

Bloodshedder said:

I believe Am I Hot or Not (as it was called) was getting more hits than the front page for several days, and was consuming massive amounts of bandwidth.

That's an understatement.

Ungodly amounts of bandwidth in fact. Hundreds of thousands of page views per day sort of bandwidth.

In any event I didn't delete it, I assume Telefragged did because it was probably raping their connection.

Heh, it ended up on the 4 corners of the interweb, like a Browns forum or something.

Goat said:

what the hell was it i dont remember whatever it was i guess

From what I remember it had a bunch of pictures of females that you got to rate or choose who you felt appeared more likeable to your likes or whatnot. iirc.

Please leave it dead, it was stupid. There's enough of that shit out there as it is.

I know, I'll change it soon. Glad it was only temporary.

I think I actually played that game.

The quotes game was more fun, though. Oh, and the REoL quotes game. It was fun, figuring out how to create an image link to c:\con\con.

Ultraviolet, could you please change your avatar? Preferably before it drives me violenty mad.

Mordeth: Can I change it to what Ling posted? :D

OK, since you're still an admin (:P) I'll change it for you. Give me an hour or so (not that it'll take that long in itself) and I'll choose either one frame of the animation or another and just upload that.

You know, I've been to community sites where they used some sort of script that would change animated GIF's to stills when uploaded. If it becomes too much of an issue (which I didn't figure mine would really be, maybe my monitor is a little duller in its display of colors than is yours), you could implement something like that, but I hope it doesn't come to that because I like that Sonic avatar. :D

EDIT: Could somebody with a much faster machine capture an AVI of my avatar working so I could see how fast it really is animating? It's got a 2 tic frame delay, but on this machine animated GIF's aren't rendered all that fast because it's a slower, older computer. I mean, you can almost see it redrawing half of the image at a time, heh.

On my 2.2 GHz P4 it is truly and seriously puke-making. Worse than one I used for a few hours as a joke after Dan had complained that one I'd had previously was giving him a headache.

I tried counting how many times a second it flashes, but gave up.

If Mordeth has the patience, I will wait for someone to take an AVI of a few seconds of my avatar animating before I change it. If not, I imagine he'll say so, but still I'd really like to see it...

I should be able to do it when I get home in about an hour.

Much appreciated. Any chance you'd save the image now, e-mail it to yourself, and download it at home so I can just change the avatar now?