Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Eric Rudolph Robert finally caught

Yep, after five years, the abortion clinic bomber was finally caught.

I could have sowrn they caught this guy just after the Olympic bombing...

Oh well. I just hope he actually gets a fair trial rather than being shipped to Guantanamo Bay and "disappearing".

Also, isn't it funny how murderers and other "major" crims are always referred to by their full names?

IMJack said:

I could have sowrn they caught this guy just after the Olympic bombing...

Trust me, if they had, you would definitely know it, no doubt about it :)

Oh well. I just hope he actually gets a fair trial rather than being shipped to Guantanamo Bay and "disappearing".

True, even the worst criminals deserve a fair trial.

Also, isn't it funny how murderers and other "major" crims are always referred to by their full names?

Yep, it's as though by calling them by their full name it makes it more important or something. Weird :)

Whee. Another number to fill in on the FBI's Most Wanted List.

They had some security guard under arrest early on in the investigation, perhaps that's why you think they caught the guy, there will have been a few "Got the bastard!" headlines when they arrested the security guy :P

SlowMotionHobo said:

That almost sounds as though you would rather have these people running arround.

IMJack said:

I believe it's a legal thing. It reduces the likelyhood of people thinking that someone they know with the same name is a murderer (or whatever).

In this case by saying Eric Rudolph Robert, it gets anyone called Eric Rupert Robert, Eric Randolph Robert, etc, etc off the hook :)

fodders said:

They had some security guard under arrest early on in the investigation, perhaps that's why you think they caught the guy, there will have been a few "Got the bastard!" headlines when they arrested the security guy :P

Yeah, there was this guy named Richard Jewel I think. He was a security guard at the Atlanta park where that one bomb went off during the Olympics. Apparently he found the bomb and was trying to get people away from it when it went off. He probably saved several lives, and was called a hero at first. But pretty much overnight the FBI labeled him a suspect and tried to get him to confess. That along with the fact that there was a media circus around it pretty much raped his life and reputation. And when they finaly figured it wasn't him, they just left without any apologies.

From CNN.com

ATTACKS ATTRIBUTED TO ERIC ROBERT RUDOLPH:
January 29, 1998 - Bombing at New Woman All Women Clinic in Birmingham, Alabama. One killed, one injured.

February 21, 1997 - Bombing at Otherside Lounge, a lesbian nightclub in Atlanta. Four injured. Second bomb found before it detonates.

January 16, 1997 - Bombing of a women's clinic in Sandy Springs, an Atlanta suburb. A second bomb explodes. Seven injured.

July 27, 1996 - Bomb explodes in Olympic Centennial Park, 1:20 a.m., One killed, 111 injured. A Turkish cameraman dies of a heart attack as he rushes to photograph the scene.

What a stupid wanker.

SlowMotionHobo said:

Are you playing FBI Bingo or something?

DC

Heh...I read somewhere that he made a video of him cutting off his own hand and he sent it to the feds. Apparently, he got it reattatched somehow though.

IMJack said:

Not just major criminals, this goes for anyone doing something really bad. Remember when your mom used to yell at you when you broke a lamp in the living room or took the car out without permission...

Linda Browning said:

"Stephen Mason Browning!!..."