Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Good Grief, Joel

Joel Murdoch has e-mailed me about an update to his site GG Inc. Along with some commentary on the future of gaming and details on his revised method of reviewing game modifications, he talks about the more important stuff: Doom Millennium and Mordeth. Here's some of the more interesting tidbits, but don't forget to check out the rest of the update for yourself.

Doom Millennium is staggering drunkenly closer to completion. It's just a matter of time and a certain guy performing certain actions which will result in certain sprites being made available for use (hint, hint).

Mordeth is less staggering and more crawling purposefully, but is going forward. Gaston has been having immense amounts of fun playing with Eternity's knew 3D capabilities, and was last seen on the floor, having fainted at the announcement of Julian implementing the old rorDoom code in Eternity. The teams of both projects have pretty much disintegrated, so anyone wanting to see these projects before their firstborn grandchild please volunteer your services.

Doom Millennium is staggering drunkenly closer to completion. It's just a matter of time and a certain guy performing certain actions which will result in certain sprites being made available for use (hint, hint).

The Z!

Oh, and Joel, you spelled new wrong. I have no idea how, but you did.

the_Danarchist said:

The Z!

Oh, and Joel, you spelled new wrong. I have no idea how, but you did.

I often type phonetically right but incorrectly spelt words like new and knew, two and too etc. Probably cause I type fast and am often concentrating on something else at the same time. Or I'm mentally ill. Probably the latter.

fp! props to all logged in trolls!

I'm sure this will make me laugh someday. Or not. Probably the latter.

\m/ rordoom + eternity \m/ this sounds damn cool

"The teams of both projects have pretty much disintegrated, so anyone wanting to see these projects before their firstborn grandchild please volunteer your services"

??? from mordeth

"I'm not going to acquire new members to make up for the loss of these two designers, because I'm sick and tired of (new) people leaving without so much as lifting a finger to help out before. Enough is enough"

Szymanski said:

"I'm not going to acquire new members to make up for the loss of these two designers, because I'm sick and tired of (new) people leaving without so much as lifting a finger to help out before. Enough is enough"

I've been working with Gaston for fucking centuries, so I reserve the right to disagree with him and attempt to convince him otherwise if someone good comes along. At this rate, Doom 3 will be old hat by the time Mordeth is finished.

MORBIDTWATT said:

what does lut think about all this? and where the hell is dashiva?? ohh damn where is everyone ???

Lut's doing what he does - working and working and working. Dash appears to have either died, lost his internet connection or stumbled through a one way portal to another dimension.

what about millenium will it be released anytime soon does anyone know exactly how much is left..cause a while ago lut told me it was just a few levels that needed detail but this was a while ago a long while ago actually :)..whjats all this im hearing now about character skinning for millenuim i thought that part was done already wtf??

MORBIDTWATT said:

what about millenium will it be released anytime soon does anyone know exactly how much is left..cause a while ago lut told me it was just a few levels that needed detail but this was a while ago a long while ago actually :)..whjats all this im hearing now about character skinning for millenuim i thought that part was done already wtf??

Can you type in more than just one sentence?

MORBIDTWATT said:

I'm out of breath just reading that...

Er, anyways, what you said is more or less accurate. Speaking from experience, the polishing up stage usually takes a shitload longer than anyone expects, particularly when 98% of your team deserts you. The main thing that needs to be done, at least to the point where the game will match Lut's "vision", is for Zaldron to hurry the hell up and finish the boss sprites.

In some ways I hope he doesn't and it gets released without it. Just thinking about the amount and complexity of the coding needed to set up the boss the way Lut wants it makes me want to cry like a little girl.

I think the final boss is the most interesting part of this project

Quote from GG Inc:
"As for reviews, well, none of the few new releases over the last few months have impressed me very much, so no reviews. I played through a couple of older Half-Life releases last week which I might review soon. I'll have another look through my Doom and Quake archives sometime soon to see if I can find something good I missed. By all means, let me know if there's something you think deserves to be reviewed here that I missed."
End quote.

I'm hereby informing you of the release of my latest Doom II level 'Helpyourselfish' available at my homepage http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH . Whether or not it will impress you, I obviously cannot predict, but it might just be worth having a look at, and maybe reviewing. Thanks for tuning in at 'Chris Hansen FM'! See ya later!

and let's not forget who debugged roreternity so it wouldn't crash on 2k/xp every time you fired a weapon :P

(and by debugged I mean ran it through a debugger and told julian which line was causing the crash :P)

c-cooper said:

I'm hereby informing you of the release of my latest Doom II level 'Helpyourselfish' available at my homepage http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH . Whether or not it will impress you, I obviously cannot predict, but it might just be worth having a look at, and maybe reviewing. Thanks for tuning in at 'Chris Hansen FM'! See ya later!

Heh. Because I review so many games (granted, not as many as I used to) I tend to only review multiple level stuff. But given the prevelance of single levels in the Doom community that's a policy I should change. I've added "Helpyourselfish" to my download queue.

EDIT: Screenshots look seriously impressive. I think I'm gonna like this level.

*scratch*krzzzz*....thanks....dead...many times....Ultra...Enjoy!*scratch*krzzzz*bzzzzzz*

GG Inc. said:

"As for reviews, well, none of the few new releases over the last few months have impressed me very much, so no reviews. I played through a couple of older Half-Life releases last week which I might review soon. I'll have another look through my Doom and Quake archives sometime soon to see if I can find something good I missed. By all means, let me know if there's something you think deserves to be reviewed here that I missed."

*cough* *cough* LTSD *cough* *cough*

There's absolutely no way in Hell I'll be able to even think about Millennium for a while. I've got a company's website to design, and quite a few turns and quirks in Real Life. Also, I'm inherently stupid.

Zaldron said:

There's absolutely no way in Hell I'll be able to even think about Millennium for a while. I've got a company's website to design, and quite a few turns and quirks in Real Life. Also, I'm inherently stupid.

D'oh. Good to get an answer one way or the other though.

I'll post a better explanation in our Sanctum Sanctorum later. For now, I'd like to get more than 4 hours of sleep per night.

JoelMurdoch said:

Dash appears to have either died, lost his internet connection or stumbled through a one way portal to another dimension.

Actually, I was updating the main wad so often that it got to the point that I was always leaving him in the dust and eventually I realized it's much quicker and easier for me to manage everything myself. Also, it was given to him under the assumption that other people would be turning stuff in to him.

That, and I haven't even bothered talking with him for a few months.

Zaldron said:

There's absolutely no way in Hell I'll be able to even think about Millennium for a while.

Well send me all your finished sprites and I'll think about them. Doesn't matter if they need some smoke clouds added, that's pre-release finishing touches. It's no hassle re-importing sprites, but they need to exist in the first place.

you tell him lover ...

yo lut look i can finally write out millenium with out slautering the name

Sign in to follow this