Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Marble MIDGRATE texture?

Is there anywhere I could could a nice transparent marble texture in the general theme of the MIDGRATE texture, or at least a MIDGRATE texture in the green of the Doom marble textures?

Doom_Dude the texture man! Heh. Good work!

:)

Hey its Stphrz! You pop up when least expected. ;) I hope your doing some work on anouther map. PMAPI II perhaps?

Very nice texture!
It would also work well with sector grates instead of texture grates.

Thanks Shaviro.

I was thinking of doin a few variations of the marble grate if I can get the time in between all this other stuff I'm trying to finish. I'm sure a gray one at least would come in handy. :)

I think it would look better with metal bars. Bars that thin made of marble just look weird.

Espi said:

I think it would look better with metal bars. Bars that thin made of marble just look weird.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. why would anyone carve bars out of marble O_o metal bars with a marble framer would look a little nicer and more realistic imo.

I see what you mean. Though I agree nobody would probably ever carve such bars from marble I still like how it looks. Anyhow I made a variation with metal bars..

There's supreme problems with the physics of that texture. Are the bars actually holding the middle part in place? To make it look realistic, it'd have to be attached to a solid wall. It's cool other than that, though. :)

I think physics was thrown to the four winds with the first one.... There are rivets holding the middle part in the 2nd.... Maybe if that part was metal as well it would look better? LOL soon the whole thing will be metal. ;)

Hell I haven't tested these two in a wad yet as I didn't get a chance. How does the first one look Grimm?

Pretty darn good with any marble texture. Actually, very good. I could e-mail you a small piece of the level I used it in, if you want to see it action (and I think you might :) ). Or I could just e-mail you a screen shot, 'cause I dunno how to post pictures on these here forums. I haven't tried the 2nd one.

Maybe it'd be good if it was marble on the top and bottom, with no middle bit and the metal bars looking like theyre 'driled' into the top and bottom marble? ooh well..