Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
terminatr2k3

explain and give me details on wintex

I was wanting to learn how to use wintex and I need to good people here to tell me what is the main purposes of wintex and what it can do. rate it for me on how easy it is to use. and where is the latest downlaod cause i tried a download and well....didn't work at all! I had to get visual basic something

terminatr2k3 said:

I was wanting to learn how to use wintex and I need to good people here to tell me what is the main purposes of wintex and what it can do. rate it for me on how easy it is to use. and where is the latest downlaod cause i tried a download and well....didn't work at all! I had to get visual basic something

Wintex can be used to view all jazz in a wad an such, you can extract, import and all that jazz with it, its a great help for making wads with new stuff like textures or music or sounds. Its pretty simple and straight forward, I learned it easily. I cant really rate it, but I really like it, its easy, nice, and yeah. The visual Dee-Lee you need I believe is called VBRUN300.DLL, or at least it was for me. To get that, you can simply search it in a search engine like google.com]Google for instance.
Hope that helps. :D

Be warned, there are a few bugs and 'omissions', but once you get the hang of the program you quickly learn to work around them. For example, when you're editing textures and you want to delete one, you can only do it by giving it the same name as an existing texture.