Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeremy

Music- Trents a quitter

dsm said:

I was never happy about the music being all ambient, because the original Doom music was never JUST ambient.

Why I was opposed to Trent doing the music: I absolutely hated Quake 1's music which Trent did (because my taste is weird, ok?). My type of Ambient is vastly different from what Trent did in Quake 1, and I was really afraid that we'd get something as monotonous and boring as the music in Quake if Trent did it.

Dammit why am i the only one who loves the original quake music?! (Well perhaps not the only one but . . ) *off with me now to corner and cries anyway*

yeah u said that right..i downloaded all the quake 1 music from audiogalaxy way back...maybe napster..but i still listen to that shit sometimes

rofl, I used to just pop the Quake Cd in the player and listen to the whole thing over and over again. Number one was the obvious favorite, man i love that riff. Lousy quake 2 *putting the "q" on "quake 2" in lower case outta show it*

*"quake 2" sighs and lowers its pitiful strogg head in shame*

i love quake 2. maybe not the music but the gameplay and storyline is much better in my opinion. quake 2 is my favourite quake game.

Well I'm just hoping that if Trent isn't doing the sounds, that id would hire Bobby Prince to do it. I mean even if they redid some of the original music like "I Sawed the Demons", that would be awesome.

Bobby Prince midi = good, Bobby Prince any other type of music = bad.

NiGHTMARE said:

Bobby Prince midi = good, Bobby Prince any other type of music = bad.

What are you referring to?

dsm said:

Depends.
For music he might, but I don't think he could do the sound like Trent can.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Sonic Mayhem did weapon sounds for UT, and they were quite good.

Since Bobby Prince stole most of his songs when he made music for Doom, I don't really see how to have a lot of confidence in him.

Disorder said:

Since Bobby Prince stole most of his songs when he made music for Doom, I don't really see how to have a lot of confidence in him.

uh. Prince made original music for ROTT, Duke3D, Major Stryker, Wolfenstein... He only made those covers because he was asked to. Get your facts straight.

Anyone could do it, just not as well as Trent in my opinion. Just as long as its not Marilyn Manson. Unless Carmack is working on a time machine that could bring him and his band back from 94-96 when his music didn't suck. The resident evil soundtrack wasn't all that great imo. Or TGAOG. I'm sure iD has figured it out and if nothing (no pun intended) else, learned from Trent and perhaps will take it down his path or direction. Has anyone else heard this from any other source that wasn't or wasn't quoted from the "nine inch nails hotline"?

Trasher][ said:
If my memory serves me correctly, I think Sonic Mayhem did weapon sounds for UT, and they were quite good.

"Quite good" =! "Totally awesome"
and Doom 3 needs more than good weapon sounds to kick ass. I believe it's possible that someone can be good at doing e.g. weapon sounds while not as good at creating a scary atmosphere.

I don't mean to say that the sounds would suck if somebody else did them. What I mean is that it's unlikely that it will be as totally awesome if somebody else does the sounds than if Trent did them.

A lot of the sounds in Quake 1 were indeed totally awesome - atmosphere and monster sounds for the most part. Shame that it was ruined by the sucky shotgun sounds (which I suppose Trent didn't do).

Oh yeah and Quake 2 rocks - only problem it has is that the sounds aren't nearly as good as Quake 1's (most of 'em downright suck), though the weapon sounds kick ass in Q2.

I hope all the sounds in Doom 3 will own everything in all three Quake games, weapon sounds as well as dialogue, monster sounds, environmental sounds and...everything.