Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Increasing Former Human accuracy?

Is there any way to make the Former Human very accurate, like the Former Human Saergents, only with their rifle? I need snipers. :)

hitscan former human inaccuracy is hardcoded into the exe, though chaingunners and masterminds seem to be roughly 100% accurate (more so than the other two hitscan enemies).

actually, batman doom had snipers, I believe they either fired a really fast invisible projectile or a buttload of mastermind shots at once. if you feel like sifting through that deh, then maybe it will help you out

There is no way to make them totally accurate, but you can do what cyb said and stack a load of 0 duration frames with enemy bullet attack codepointers onto the end of the usual firing frame and it will acheieve the same effect.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

There is no way to make them totally accurate, but you can do what cyb said and stack a load of 0 duration frames with enemy bullet attack codepointers onto the end of the usual firing frame and it will acheieve the same effect.

Methinks the fast, invisible projectile would be easier since you can alter the damage and it's 100% accurate if the player doesn't move.

DarkWolf said:

and it's 100% accurate if the player doesn't move.

I've never tried making enemy projectiles much faster, but if you make player projectiles have a very high speed, they can act quite strangely. From what I understood about the explanation for this, I suspect it will be the same for all projectiles.

I imagine if you make the speed an insane amount it will probably mess up collision detection.

I think Goldeneye Doom pulled off the projectile thing, but I can't remember how well it works.

Is there any way I could use a code pointer to the chaingunner or spider mastermind attack thing, but only have the former human fire one shot?

I think that changunner`s one-shots are more accurate than troopers, but spider mastermind`s are just likes former sargeants. so you could use changunner`s shots for troopers and have a more accurate shot than before.

Grimm said:

Is there any way I could use a code pointer to the chaingunner or spider mastermind attack thing, but only have the former human fire one shot?

With 0 duration extra firing frames, it will look as if they only fire once, but still have the effect you are looking for. As for really fast projecvtiles, not possible. Over a certain speed and they don't fire on target at all.

actually upon looking at the doom source, the accuracy of all four hitscan enemies is exactly the same. The only difference between the chaingunner and mastermind is the mastermind has a faster rate of fire and also has a lot less chance of stopping his attack with the player in view