Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Wow, this one might just narrowly beat out Kid A for Best Radiohead Album. Has anyone else heard it yet?

nope. but radiohead are really fucking great.

Radiohead have agreed to produce a song for the Eurovision Song Contest next year :) Should be interesting.

Well, such drastic means is certain in order to restore the UK's dignity in the Eurovision Song Contest.

If Thom Yorke's music is so dramatic and special, wouldn't it help if you could, y'know, actually understand a thing he's saying ? Don't get me wrong, I used to really like Radiohead, but listening to anything off Amnesiac or Kid A gives me headaches.

Yeah, I heard it. A friend of mine reccomended it to me. Before she reccomended The White Stripes and some band that had the word 'Queen' in their name, though Freddy Mercury had nothing to do with them. At any rate I wasn't very impressed with either group. But then she reccomended the new Radiohead CD and I figured she might be right this time because I had heard some of their stuff before, and it was cool. And well... I was right. She was right. There was no left. It's a pretty damn good album. It's somewhat reassuring to think that there are actualy one or two mainstream artisits that can produce decent material. Hooray.

Heh, no one would vote for us even if we did produce something less cretinous than this year's shit because we're despised in Europe anyway.

Hail to the Thief owns btw, but OK Computer owns you variously

the_Danarchist said:

some band that had the word 'Queen' in their name, though Freddy Mercury had nothing to do with them.

Queens of the Stoneage?

gatewatcher said:

Queens of the Stoneage?

Yeah, I guess. I don't really listen to the radio.

Kid A makes me dive into depression and want to kill myself. That album is dangerous for my health.

I heard it months ago. It's good, better than Kid A, but it's still got nothing on The Bends. Apparently I'm the only one who thinks that's their best album.

CyRaptor said:

I heard it months ago. It's good, better than Kid A, but it's still got nothing on The Bends. Apparently I'm the only one who thinks that's their best album.

No, I feel the same about The Bends.

Disorder said:

Kid A makes me dive into depression and want to kill myself. That album is dangerous for my health.

Heh, weird. Whenever I feel like shit or depressed or whatever, my favorite CD to listen to is Kid A.

i dunno. 'motion picture soundtrack' is the saddest thing ever.

Little Faith said:

Well, such drastic means is certain in order to restore the UK's dignity in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Wow, the words "dignity" and "Eurovision Song Contest" used in the same sentence.

(Explanation to non-Europeans: it is the lamest show on earth, bar none.)

pregnant with worms said:

i dunno. 'motion picture soundtrack' is the saddest thing ever.

Yeah, that one is kind of a downer, but I usually don't listen to that one cause there's like a two-minute gap of silence that really annoys me.

Paranoid-Android is my favorite of all Radiohead songs. It also had a pretty interesting video. But its a really great song anyway.

the_Danarchist said:

Paranoid-Android is my favorite of all Radiohead songs. It also had a pretty interesting video. But its a really great song anyway.

I love Planet Telex. Even if it's nowhere one of their true hits, I can't but feel attracted to that one.

Kid A and one of the new ones (Backdrifts) are my favorites.

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, that was a pretty good song actually. The video was quite trippy as well heh.

i love radiohead
my fav song by them is probubly Vinilla Sky.

Kid A is one of my fav albums by them but the bends is up there to.