Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Just got back from the Marilyn Manson Concert

Yeah, I saw Marilyn Manson at Ozzfest 2001. He put on an awesome show. I especialy liked when he did the song Antichrist Superstar. He also did some cool stilt thing at one point and another thing where he was in some kind of dress and slowly rose up to the hight of like 20 feet whule the bottom of the weird dress thing stayed on the ground. Made it look like he was growing...heh.

Yeah, so cool beans.

gatewatcher said:

What?

Sorry man, just one of those things that can be interpreted differently when read for the first time. I get what you were saying now. My bad.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Hehe, I hope he doesn't play much new material.

Yeah. Luckily when I saw him, only about 1/4 of the stuff he played was from his new album (which back then was HolyWood).

i saw manson once back in the antichrist superstar days ya he can throw an awesome show..but hes gonna have to lose the fake blood act oi that was cheesy cutting himself with a winebottle..yelling to the crowd that he was gonna cut himself then light dims out and you can see a rody actualy squirting the kethup on him can we say gay...atleast that part was

Only chance I got to see Manson was back in '99 for the Mechanical Animals tour. It was my favourite live act until I saw Nine Inch Nails the next year :)

Dingus Khan said:

I just saw the gayest guy on earth.

That's funny, I don't remember seeing you.

the_Danarchist said:

That's funny, I don't remember seeing you.

lame

and you missed the musical reference anyway

Liam the Bard said:

lame

and you missed the musical reference anyway

What?

I myself have plans on attending the nearest Grotesque Burlesk. I hear there's naked dancers (female) all over the stage :D.

As for the the stage shows, it is true that the older they were the cornier they were, like the fake blood, but I saw the Guns God & Government world tour and it was awesome.

The song in which he gets on stilts and has super-long arm braces is The Nobodies, which obviously he's referencing crippled people by the use of the braces (think, "today I'm dirty, want to be pretty, tommorrow I know I'm just dirt. We're the nobodies, wanna be somebodies, we're dead they'll know just who we are).

The song inwhich he rose above the stage was Cruci-Fiction in Space (which I gladly named a map I did after). It was really cool, because if you watch the music video for Disposable Teens, he took that straight out of the video bringing it to stage.

Also another cool thing was the use of the huge cross made out of a shotgun and two magnums hanging above the stage that was lowered for the Antichrist Superstar song, and when performing The Love Song or Valentine's Day, he'd wear the robe of a Cardinal (which many mistake for the Pope's robe).

It seems there's a few people here and there who don't like the music from The Golden Age of Grotesque, but I can truly say that it is good music. My favorite song off the cd would probably have to be "Spade" and "SlutGarden" (come on, who doesn't like a song called SlutGarden without trying to be a smartass? lol).

I can't wait to see the stage tour aka Grotesque Burlesk this summer. I'm going to both Ozzfest and then a regular dated tour later on.

BTW, did anyone watch the DVD that came w/Golden Age of Grotesque? It was repetative, but rather artistic and mystifying. I really liked the part where he said "The person you are trying to reach is no longer available, you have knocked me off of the hook."

the_Danarchist said:

What?

'i just saw the gayest guy on earth' is a song by anal cunt.

pregnant with worms said:

'i just saw the gayest guy on earth' is a song by anal cunt.

Oh. I don't like Anal Cunt. Theres really no reason to listen to them.

You're still here? I thought you guys were offended!?

I don't overreact as much as Elbryan42, heh

the_Danarchist said:

Oh. I don't like Anal Cunt. Theres really no reason to listen to them.

Cause, you know, no one enjoys humour.

Psyonisis said:

quoted because it's great.

Psyonisis said:

Well if they were actualy funny in any way, shape, or form then maybe there would be some redeeming value to them.