Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

ZDoom Launcher

There's a program I found with a link from ZDoom's website, called the ZDoom Launcher. Basically it works like the Doom95 launcher. But is it just me, or can it not run custom PWADs at all? I checked the "use custom PWAD" box and added my wad to the list, but it never added the wad. Am I doing something wrong or is this program just plain fucked up?

After youve checked the box and added your wads, you have to leave that particular tab open when you launch the game. If you switch to another tab and then launch, it won't work.

It'd important to note that the ZDooM launcher doesnt work well with any version after 1.23. Some of the game settings wont get saved (controls, player name, etc). At least in my experience.

You could also try my launcher ESL (see sig). As a matter of fact I've just released version 1.15

Er... isn't that for EDGE though?

Well if it doesn't save right (I have version 2.something beta... the latest one, from 47.cab...), then I guess I should forget it. 'Tis no fun to write those DOS lines, though.

Right BBG.

ESL works with most source ports, it's just that it's got more options for EDGE than for the other ports.

netnomad312 said:

'Tis no fun to write those DOS lines, though.

Shortcuts or drag and drop. I have a bunch of premade shortcuts for ZDoom. All I have to do is change the iwad names.