Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fo-Shizzil Ma-Nizzil

Sprites And A Question

Hey

I havent played Zdoom/ZdoomGL in a while since i have been having problems running it in WinXP
but since i am in WinME right now (i run a multiboot)
i checked it out and stuff

It seems there are some minor sprite issues with menus and the intemission screen and stuffage

1. in the intermission screen the exiting (map) sprite clips with the now enterting (map) sprite
2. numbers and letters for the status bar and intermission screen have a wierd outline around them including the "you are here" sprite in The ultimate doom
3. theres a transparent strip to the left of the face in the status bar
4. the player options menu is all borked

and my question is that in WinXP Zdoom/ZdoomGL doesnt work at all its just a black screen when i start it up i can still here like menu sounds but i just cant see anything. i use a Geforce4 ti4600 with the newest non-beta drivers. its been happening since i got my geforce4. i posted a topic in teh zdoom forum and rnady said it was a bug with the drivers which cant be true cus it works just fine in WinME with the same drivers

i was hoping it would be ok in zdoomgl but i guess not :(
i was just wondering if you had any idea whats causing this and maybe a fix other than downgrading my drivers
i had a tnt2 pro b4 with same drivers and it worked fine in WinXP

Fo-Shizzil Ma-Nizzil said:

and my question is that in WinXP Zdoom/ZdoomGL doesnt work at all its just a black screen when i start it up i can still here like menu sounds but i just cant see anything. i use a Geforce4 ti4600 with the newest non-beta drivers. its been happening since i got my geforce4. i posted a topic in teh zdoom forum and rnady said it was a bug with the drivers which cant be true cus it works just fine in WinME with the same drivers

i was hoping it would be ok in zdoomgl but i guess not :(
i was just wondering if you had any idea whats causing this and maybe a fix other than downgrading my drivers
i had a tnt2 pro b4 with same drivers and it worked fine in WinXP

Haven't heard of any problems regarding geforce 4 cards. I have an ati card under XP and ZdoomGL is runs as sweet as it ever could be.

it works in window mode but setting it to 60 has no effect

so than if i from in the game set to fullscreen it will go all flickering and stuff

than if i keep in fullscreeen and retstart i have the same black screen again with gl_vid_refresh set at 60

Hmm, very strange. I'm not sure what's up with that, then =/ I'll poke around in the initialization stuff and see if I can find what might be causing the problem.

ok i managed to get it working in normal zdoom, but it flickers when i use a different rez

but in zdoomgl it wont let me goto fullscreen at all without maing the colors all wierd and slowing down alot

I too have a GeForce 4 card and running ZDoom / Skulltag / ZDaemon in a certain rez keeps everything nice, any other rez causes major fuckiness. ZDooMGL, however, does not have this problem.