Find results in...
Rubilacxe

LOL vs Haha

LOL or Haha  

49 members have voted

1. 1. LOL or Haha

• LOL/ROFL/ROFLMAO
    • Haha/hehe/hoho/heh/ha

haha lol now heres a random poll for y'all to look at. When your playing or chatting online, do you use haha (or related things like hehe or hoho or heh or ha) or lol (or related things like rofl or roflmao)?

Well, geez, you couldn't imagine it to depend on the situation? "ROFL" means it's so funny that you're about to die, "heh" is just conversational putty.

MOG. I was thinking of creating a stupid poll on the subject "most stupid poll", and "LOL vs ROFL" was one of the options I would have included.

Personally, I prefer ROFFLMFAO (RO_FLM_AO in AndrewB-speak). Or the trendier ORFL or PRFL.

fodders said:

It gets you looked at in a bar when you say LOL out loud :P

Whereas ROFLing doesn't?

Depends. Somethimes HHhAhaHahHhaAHAHhahahahahAh (I think I got that from deadnail), sometimes r00flOlX0rzdhAhaHA!1, most of the times I stick with a simple heh.

Heh would be the best option, but it's not in the poll. I'll go with LOL.

You just have to have a capital h in there?-)
Since heh is in the poll, i go for that :)

I feel degraded using Internet acronyms and cringe every time I see those text-messaging phone commercials where the kids put in "hi wher r u" To me, it's sad to see people saying it's okay to push around that garbage as if it were actual speech. It's pathetic when someone says they're using the "short version of you" when they type "u," as if three letters is too many to type.

I used to use a lot of acronyms like LOL and ROFL and BTW and such, but I don't anymore. I believe there is only one I ever use seriously, and that's WTF, and more than half the time I type it out fully.

Also these acronyms, to me, seem an indication of intelligence in some people. If someone starts to talk to you and says "lol hi asl plz?" they are rarely worth speaking with. However, I've met many smart people who break these rules, so it's not solid.

I should add that in roleplay, I find myself getting sick to my stomach if people use acronyms. In fact, on a few occassions I've found an excuse to leave when a person was using things like "omg" or "lol" in their posts.

That's my two cents, bub.

Nanami said:

I feel degraded using Internet acronyms and cringe every time I see those text-messaging phone commercials where the kids put in "hi wher r u" To me, it's sad to see people saying it's okay to push around that garbage as if it were actual speech. It's pathetic when someone says they're using the "short version of you" when they type "u," as if three letters is too many to type.

Heh...I agree 100% with that. The only time I ever do that is if typing is aggrivating for the moment like if I have a wrist injury, my keyboard is broken, I'm falling alseep on my keyboard, or I'm eating with chopsticks in one hand and typing with the other. And yes, it is extremely annoying when they show all this 'l33t kiddy' speak on TV or bilboards or in movies or whatnot. I fear the next generation will be handing in reports like "R 4fathers B-lieved n fredm, lbrty & the rite 2 X-press R-selves w/o persecution," and even worse I fear they might actualy get away with it. Its like a real-life newspeak.

Also these acronyms, to me, seem an indication of intelligence in some people. If someone starts to talk to you and says "lol hi asl plz?" they are rarely worth speaking with. However, I've met many smart people who break these rules, so it's not solid.

Yeah, I have a friend who kinda types like that, though she is a relatively intelligent person. She mainly just does a lot of 'u' and 'lol' though.

zabnat said:

You just have to have a capital h in there?-)

Actually no, but I completely missed the 'heh'. What the heh?

fodders said:

Not here in Holland, where it literally means "fun".

why there is no Muahahahahaha in the voting??? I guess Muahahahaha owns heh\hah and lolish stuff.

fodders said:

I once said Roofle Cakes out loud around a bunch of horizontially generous people. Big mistake seeing there we no cakes to be seen. :P

Disorder said:
Yeah, I sometimes say LOL or heh out loud.

heh. I often say "lololololololol" out loud. (ie not 'ell oh ell' but 'lol')