Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

Top 10 WADS Ever????

What do you guys think the TOP 10 WADS ever are? Or even just one wad that holds a special place in your heart. Or a kick ass E1 style wad? They can be DOOM or DOOM2, but you can't say "doom.wad,doom2.wad,tnt.wad,or plutonia.wad" we all know these are great. So let me know! ROCK THE THREAD WITH YOUR OPINION!!!

Grazza said:

HR, AV, STRAIN, 2002ADO, Equinox, Eternal, Requiem, MM2, Icarus, HR2.

HR???? I take it AV is Alien Vendetta, yeah that one rocks. Equinox is awesome. Eternal? Are you talking about the one TeamTNT did? I never played Requiem, I will have to download it. Never played MM2, gonna have to DL it to. Icarus is awesome.

What is HR,and HR2?

Can't do limited lists... tried, and it ended up being more a set of recommendations. I enjoy the classic megawads (MM, MM2, Requiem, Eternal), the newschool (AV, Scythe, TVR!) the atmospheric (PA:R, CoD) and some other, smaller gems (Slayer, Darken1/2, Equinox).

Ok, so it wasn't a huge list... but come on, 10? It's hard to leave equally worthy wads out of a limited list.

EDIT: this is going to look familiar after a while...

Cool, I haven't played all of these. I can get them all off the 3dgamers ftp archive right?

StRiKeR said:

Cool, I haven't played all of these. I can get them all off the 3dgamers ftp archive right?

yes, of couse, just remember hr and hr2 is not easy stuff.

The HR2 beta isn't in the archives - you can get it here. Yes, Eternal is the one made by Team Eternal, which merged with TeamTNT part way through the project. BTW, a forum search will reveal several other threads about favourite wads, some with plenty of links.

It's cool to hear that Vile is an Equinox fan too.

Yes, ten wads isn't enough. I would have liked to include more non-megas, but found I couldn't really kick out a good 32-map wad to make room for a superb 10-map wad (for instance). As it was, I didn't find room for Scythe, TVR! et al. I gave a long list of my favourite episodes (with links) in another thread. BTW, the link for Stone Stratagems (given in the last post in that thread) is now dead, so AFAIK this wad is not available online anywhere. :(

Ok thanks. I got a question. Have you guys ever played eternity.wad? There were 2 others, but 1 of these 2 was the same...

eternity.wad
serenity.wad
infinity.wad

some of the first pwads i ever played

I dunno, I put here the first ten that come to mind:

dinner
pm2129
icdoom2
av
scythe
the evil unleashed, slaughter until death, obituary (by the innocent crew)
memento moris

Mostly classic stuff...

AV
Scythe

Bleh I can't think of any others. Those are great coop wads. AV is really really pretty too. Oh, Mock2!

StRiKeR said:

Ok thanks. I got a question. Have you guys ever played eternity.wad? There were 2 others, but 1 of these 2 was the same...

eternity.wad
serenity.wad
infinity.wad

some of the first pwads i ever played

Yep - in fact Eternity was the first custom ep I ever played. (one of the most atmospheric, too)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Yep - in fact Eternity was the first custom ep I ever played. (one of the most atmospheric, too)

Yeah,the eternity wad holds a special place in my heart,lol. It was the first pwad I made love to :) wtf? lol. Wonder why these guys didnt do anymore episodes?

StRiKeR said:

Wonder why these guys didnt do anymore episodes?

Err...that's what Infinity and Serenity are. (Eternity was Serenity II, and Infinity was Serenity III)

I really liked Icarus, Insertion, Hell Revealed, Eternal Doom, Cleimos 2, and Talosian, but one of my all time favorites is Dark Covenant...gigantic levels and lots of enemies to kill. Lovely.

Whoop...450th post for me.

Im surprised no one's mentioned Aliens TC.

Edit: When the hell is Mock2 going to be finished?

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Err...that's what Infinity and Serenity are. (Eternity was Serenity II, and Infinity was Serenity III)

Yeah I know, they shoulda made a Serenity IV to replace ep 4. Hell I liked the level design so much they shoulda made a DOOM2 mega-wad.

Just played a part of Equinox, great style there, and nice new ideas, but hey Grazza, Do you always make your rooms so tall?

I didn't make Equinox! I'm just one of it's biggest fans, and pimp it every chance I get.

Sphagne said:

Just played a part of Equinox, great style there, and nice new ideas, but hey Grazza, Do you always make your rooms so tall?

LOL :)

Nanami said:

AV
Scythe

Bleh I can't think of any others. Those are great coop wads. AV is really really pretty too. Oh, Mock2!

yeah those three are about the only megawads i like much.

I said:

...They can be DOOM or DOOM2, but you can't say "doom.wad,doom2.wad,tnt.wad,or plutonia.wad" we all know these are great. So let me know! ROCK THE THREAD WITH YOUR OPINION!!!

lol,oh. I am gonna tally the wads that were mentioned the most and host them on my site, so ppl can find them all in one place. What do you guys think about taht? Good Idea?

Well, as long as they include the "may be distributed blah blah blah" text, then you can.

Still, it might be better to provide a page of links to where they can be found in the standard archives (or elsewhere), and use your own web space to host, e.g., wads that are less readily available.

BTW, remember that there have been lots and lots and lots of threads similar to this before, so a lot of people won't have bothered posting their preferences in this thread, since they've already answered this question many times before.

Heh, does anyone else think Grogglogobofink = Sargebaldy?

Yeah maybe later I will think about it. My server is undergoing alot of changes accomadating all the BUNKER sites. I have started a online company called "GameBunker NET". Mainly for DOOM, Halo, Serious Sam, and Unreal Tournament. We will host files for all of these games, as well as news. I am so busy it's unreal. Staying up for 15hours a day doing all this stuff. I am editing about 3hours a day. So once I get all this done, I can zero in on NovaShock. The first level is gonna take awhle because I got so much stuff going on. Once the first level is done though it should all be finished. So NovaShock should be out by late December, early January...

Batman Doom
Alien Vendetta
Memento Mori 1/2
Darkening2 (And maybe 1)
Eternal Doom 3
Requiem
Hell Revealed (Never got into it myself but it's top10)
Mordeth should also be mentioned for being more then 10(?) maps, and looking fucking nice.