Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

NEW BLOGS SYSTEM

Now, you simply post in the Blog forum.
To change your CSS, you still need to pm the fake user known as 'blog'.
Enjoy and thank Ling.

EDIT BY LÜT: I've removed the Blogs forum from the forum index. The forum is still accessible and fully functional, but it must be accessed by manually entering (or bookmarking) this URL: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33. This change also prevents blogs from appearing in the "View New Posts" listing, for those of you who use that feature.

EDIT BY JULIAN: There is a new link on the top of the forums (next to the User Profile): 'New Blog'. Feel free to use it whenever you want to make a new blog (surprising isn't it?).

This had the unhappy consequence of removing all previous blogs, but meh.

Woot nonetheless.

Now it displays the most recent post in the thread (the most recent comment) on the blog main page :P

AirRaid said:

This had the unhappy consequence of removing all previous blogs, but meh.

Not for me, as I've just transferred all my blog entries to the new format...

The only thing I don't like about the blogs really is in regards to those of us who have spaces in their forum nickname.

a) Typing Mancubus%20II is kinda meh
b) In an example of, say, The Ultimate Doomer's forums, the Next link at the bottom is pointing to http://www.doomworld.com/~The, which means that when you click it, it'll say "no such user exists".

Is it possible for it to convert spaces to _ in the url, or at least fix the link so it renders the %20's properly?

It doesn't work with IE here, though. (I get the same as Mancubus II)

Mancubus: If you click on the blog link at the bottom of your posts, it'll work fine. (even though the %20 appears in the address box after you click it)

Of course you realise that when I click on 'View New Posts' all I can see is a list of bloody blogs. All the interesting posts have been overwelmed and shoved to the bottom of the list, 3 pages away :-(

Edit: post number 333. I'm half a hollywood cliche.

Yes, that is annoying, but maybe it will calm down in a day or so when people have stopped transferring old blog entries and the novelty was worn off.

Still, it might be nice if blog posts didn't show up in forum searches. This must be possible to arrange, given that PH posts and invisible forums are excluded from searches.

Russell_P said:

Of course you realise that when I click on 'View New Posts' all I can see is a list of bloody blogs.

What the heck? That button still exists? I thought it dissapeared with the last software change. o_O

The Ultimate DooMer said:

It doesn't work with IE here, though. (I get the same as Mancubus II)

Mancubus: If you click on the blog link at the bottom of your posts, it'll work fine. (even though the %20 appears in the address box after you click it)

Yes, I used IE as well. Before tho the Next link only pointed to ~The, but now it has the whole thing in it. And the blog link at the bottom of any post has always worked.

I guess I should have registered with Mancubus_II like on irc.

the_Danarchist said:

What the heck? That button still exists? I thought it dissapeared with the last software change. o_O

Someones a bit oblivious. ;) :P
Thats among my favourite button. :D

Arioch said:

That's why I wanted it moved to the Morons subsection.

fffpffft

Heh now I see it's gone from the list again.

pritch said:

Heh now I see it's gone from the list again.

Read the first post :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

Someones a bit oblivious. ;) :P
Thats among my favourite button. :D

Well I'll be damned.

The Merovingian said:

EDIT BY LÜT: I've removed the Blogs forum from the forum index. The forum is still accessible and fully functional, but it must be accessed by manually entering (or bookmarking) this URL: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33. This change also prevents blogs from appearing in the "View New Posts" listing, for those of you who use that feature.

Oh good, I got there by entering the url, but didn't think I should post because of not-so-good past experiences with posting in forums that I had accessed in similar fashion.

Archvile46 said:

Oh good, I got there by entering the url, but didn't think I should post because of not-so-good past experiences with posting in forums that I had accessed in similar fashion.

Heh, maybe you should make a blog entry about them :-p

Does it still have problems parsing usernames with spaces in it (such as mine)?

In Netscape (4.51), it says 'Bad Request'. Just replace the space in the address with '%20', and it should work fine. It seems to have no problems in Internet Explorer (5).