Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mawcor624

color depth

in the ingame menu, it's impossible to set the color depth to anything higher than 8 bit. i read in the increasing framerate thread to type gl_vid_bitdepth 16, but that didn't do anything. Is there a way to get higher than 8 bit color depth?

ZDoomGL is on 16 bit by default, since IIRC it's impossible to run OpenGL in 8 bit. You could try setting it to 32 bit for better gfx quailty though...

also, it doesn't report anything higher than 8 bit in the video settings menu, so don't go by that ;)

well, maybe it is running in higher color depth, but i still see like... weird shaped transparent things that you see when you go up to a dark wall or in a dark room (if you know what i mean). does this have anything to do with the color depth? I remember when i tried doom legacy once, the same thing happened, but it stopped when i changed it to a higher color depth. I would post a picture, put it says that i can't post attachments.

well... it turns out that i still had to delete stuff from version 0.7 that apparently still in effect... now that i did that, the big, weird shaped transparent things that were covering the screen are gone now and everything is fine...