Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

E1M4 Swastika

Does anyone know what the story was behind the lowering swastika in E1M4? Was it a Easter Egg for Wolfenstein or something? I doubt they wouldn't have noticed that their level design turned out a swastika.

Looks like someone needs to upgrade their Doom game. It was removed in later versions.

...checks email...

I guess it makes sense to have it on there since these are blogs. And with HTML may also come the possibility of JavaScript.

I don't like JavaScript...

Ichor said:

Looks like someone needs to upgrade their Doom game. It was removed in later versions.

that would explain a lot...I always knew about that swatstika and I saw it in shareware, but it wasn't there once I bought Ultimate Doom. Thought I was like seeing things or going crazy haha.

according to the books (sad to say i own them) the swastika was another attempt at enraging and upsetting our hero's with images of mankinds dark past...

dr_qui said:

according to the books (sad to say i own them) the swastika was another attempt at enraging and upsetting our hero's with images of mankinds dark past...

The books are bullshit.

The swastika was just a bit of creative geometry from the id designers' part. Possibly a homage to Wolfenstein 3D.

Burn the novels.

to the pair of you.. yes the books are bullshit, but the prices they fetch are rising. gonna make some money eventually !

dr_qui said:

prices ... rising.

I'd understand if the longer people'd owned the novels, the more they'd be willing to pay to get the memories of the them erased from their brains.

well if thats what does it for you , who am i to judge. Me, i just love the damn game !

perhaps, with so much apprehension, we should round up all the doom novels and have a mass burning ceremony. the day before doom3 is released.

Glad to see i'm not on my own Grimm. Ok, so the books aren't great but if anyone else out there can do better, then lets see you put your money where your mouth is

deathbringer said:

Anyone remember the erotic stories involving the ID guys?

..anyone?... XD

Please, no.

Glad to see i'm not on my own Grimm. Ok, so the books aren't great but if anyone else out there can do better, then lets see you put your money where your mouth is

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15310
I'd be finished with it already if Real Life (tm) didnt keep getting in the way.

on a comical note. swastikas cover my school. no, there are no nazis running it, that i know of. In the library, walled desks(like cubicals i guess) are positioned so if u look from above they form a swastika. if u go on the upper level and look down you are greeeted by a group of 15 or so swastikas. i am surprised that no one has ever said anything, i highly dout they have gone un noticed. even more comical, in that sick ironic way, there was a holocaust exhibit a few weeks ago in that area.

Neo Nazis are idiots. They bitch about immigrants causing trouble in this country and how it's ours and that they've no right to be here. Well, what the fuck? Why aren't the "Native Americans" bitching about us in the same right. Life is a zero sum game where might makes right. We had the military might, which made us right. We're a bunch of blue-eyed, blond haired, criminal fucks.