Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

LEGACY MUST DIE

Doom Legacy has just managed to successfully destroy all my OpenGL drivers. Attempting coop with zarcyb, it crashed, as you will see below, and now nothing OpenGL works on my system in any way shape or form. The following violent flame appears before you now, and is indeed stuck in this forum, because I am just about as pissed off as possible. I'm sorry if you find the content objectionable.

LEGACY IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF FUCKING HORSE MANURE. I WOULD NOT WISH LEGACY ON MY WORST, WORST ENEMY, I WOULD NOT EVEN MAKE ADOLF HITLER OR JOSEPH STALIN USE LEGACY BECAUSE FRANKLY THEY DID FUCK ALL TO DESERVE IT. IF LEGACY WAS THE LAST PIECE OF TOILET ROLL ON EARTH AND I HAD THE ITCHIEST ASS THIS SIDE OF CHRISTENDOM I WOULD STILL NOT WIPE WITH IT. I HAVE TOLERATED LEGACYS STUPID CRASHES TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME AGAIN BECAUSE I ACTUALLY DARED TO SUGGEST IT WAS A GOOD COOP PORT BUT THIS IS A WHOLE NEW FUCKING LEVEL. IF YOU WERE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPILING THIS PIECE OF SHIT I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH. IF LEGACY WERE A ROUGH PILE OF OLD BITS OF SHIT I WOULD ENJOY WATCHING YOU ROLL NAKED IN IT. BUT OF COURSE LEGACY IS NOT A ROUGH PILE OF OLD BITS OF SHIT, IT IS FAR FAR WORSE THAN THAT. IT CRASHES WITH EVERY SECOND DAMN WAD WE TRY AND PLAY, IT DISPLAYS APPROXIMATELY 20% OF THE THINGS INSIDE THE ROOMS OF MOST MODERN WADS, THE LAUNCHER IS FUCKING WORTHLESS, THE OPENGL WAS ACTUALLY OK UNTIL IT FUCKED MY SYSTEM TOTALLY, THERE ARE NO DECENT GAMEPLAY OPTIONS IN THE MENU WHATSOEVER, AND OVERALL ITS LESS STABLE THAN A 400 POUND MAN BALANCED ON AN UPRIGHT DILDO.

I urge all of you never to use this gamut of shite again. I've been very patient with Legacy, I've heard all the hare-brained excuses, this, oh boy, is definitely the last straw. I'm off to try and see what damage I can repair. I shall leave you with this endearing image of the worst port, indeed the worst anything, ever created.

Good Morning.

rofl2.jpg

Agreed. I'm scared to touch that piece of shit, I don't want it destroying my system. I never thought very highly of Legacy anyway but this is the last straw!

Ever considered the possibility that it might've been the GL drivers that sucked, and caused Legacy to crash while self-destructing?

Fredrik said:

Ever considered the possibility that it might've been the GL drivers that sucked, and caused Legacy to crash while self-destructing?

No. The drivers worked fine with every single other game and are practically new anyway.

pritch said:

No. The drivers worked fine with every single other game and are practically new anyway.

Are you sure? Anyway, you seem to exaggerate this quite a bit. As if posting it in the wrong forum wasn't enough, you ATTN it?

Fredrik said:

Are you sure? Anyway, you seem to exaggerate this quite a bit. As if posting it in the wrong forum wasn't enough, you ATTN it?

I'm angry.

heh. I'll un-attn it later. It's in the right forum, though.

Fredrik said:

No. This goes in Source Ports.

No it doesn't. This is a rant. End of story.

pritch said:

No it doesn't. This is a rant. End of story.

If it's a general rant, then it goes in Blogs. If it's a topic-specific rant, then it goes in the forum whose topic is closest to that of the rant. This is clearly a source port issue, so in Source Ports it should go.

Carnevil said:

Does it REALLY matter which forum it goes in?

Exactly.

While we're at it I'll say now to everyone that I am getting fed up with people suggesting to those who have been around the forums a long time where, when and what to post. For crying out loud, there are more important things to worry about than the technicalities of a post. And just because we now have a blogs forum, does not mean a person *has* to post their stuff in there. This is a forum, ffs. If you don't like a particular post, or object to where it is, go away and leave it alone and let the mods deal with it, rather than whinging and moaning and making everyone else's life a fucking pissed-upon parade.

Carnevil said:

Does it REALLY matter which forum it goes in?

Yes. I want the religion, politics and general retardation flamewar forum uncluttered. Truly intelligent and insightful posts like pritch's don't belong here.

And now, ahem, back on topic.

Well I hate deleting a driver and operating in 2x1 for a bit, but reluctantly I did just that and downloaded from ATI. Problem solved, though I had to reinstall ZdoomGL to get it working. A couple of old problems have come back in some other games but I can deal with them as sees fit.

In case you were wondering, the factors involved here were Legacy v1.40, Win XP home, ATI display drivers for Radeon 9600TX. I warn any of you with anything like that combination to avoid Legacy GL.

pritch said:

Exactly.

While we're at it I'll say now to everyone that I am getting fed up with people suggesting to those who have been around the forums a long time where, when and what to post. For crying out loud, there are more important things to worry about than the technicalities of a post. And just because we now have a blogs forum, does not mean a person *has* to post their stuff in there. This is a forum, ffs. If you don't like a particular post, or object to where it is, go away and leave it alone and let the mods deal with it, rather than whinging and moaning and making everyone else's life a fucking pissed-upon parade.

We are in agreement.

/me hugs pritch.

I'm sorry. Maybe the next version of Legacy won't kill you so bad.

It crashes all the time though, I have to admit. It has a mind of its own. Sometimes it decides it doesn't feel like letting a multiplayer game work and sometimes it picks a fun time to crash.

Linguica said:

Don't let Newdoom see this!! They cream all over Legacy!!!

Yeah, I bet some thread pops up in newdoom real soon now along the lines of "THIS THREAD PROVES IT - THE ENTIRETY OF DOOMWORLD HATES LEGACY!! PORT RACISM!"

fraggle said:

Yeah, I bet some thread pops up in newdoom real soon now along the lines of "THIS THREAD PROVES IT - THE ENTIRETY OF DOOMWORLD HATES LEGACY!! PORT RACISM!"

Wait, isn't it GOOD if we all hate Legacy?

Heh, Legacy was the first port I ever used. I never had any problems running it. Of course, that was like 2 years ago.

Assmaster said:

Heh, Legacy was the first port I ever used. I never had any problems running it. Of course, that was like 2 years ago.

yeah me too, my Doom box is using a voodoo5, and I run Legacy v. 1.4 with no major issues. But I use software rendering only so...

Hmm. My legacy works fine, and I'm playing it on Doom Connector.

However, I wouldn't totally hate Legacy, I'd just be smart and grab 1.40 again while you still can, since the new version really isn't official anyway. Legacy is a good port, but I must say whatever happened to Pritch and Zarcy is fucked up.

Melfice Darkmage said:

Hmm. My legacy works fine, and I'm playing it on Doom Connector.

However, I wouldn't totally hate Legacy, I'd just be smart and grab 1.40 again while you still can, since the new version really isn't official anyway. Legacy is a good port, but I must say whatever happened to Pritch and Zarcy is fucked up.

What the fuck? I thought you were fucking Kuberr for fucks sake?

zarcyb said:

What the fuck? I thought you were fucking Kuberr for fucks sake?

shut the fuck up, Wankarr