Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Doom 3 EXPECTED Release Date

Any official word from iD on this? If no, then put this "EXPECTED release date" in the garbage bin.

Can someone else update my Release-Date-O'-Matic tonight? I have a headache.

Unless some guy on the id payroll tells us when it's expected out, I wouldn't trust a fucking thing anybody else says, at all.

I would ACCEPT its release in november.

but slowly I begin to fear that it doesn't come out 2003...

BTW is it morally okay if I warez it if it comes out in usa around november and here in germany 2 month later like all the older id titles?
as a matter of course I pre-ordered d3 last year in january and naturally I will pay for it - but I fear I can't resist to get "sooner" it when it's out.

Later release also equals extra time for bug fixes and more cool stuff to be added :)

uniQ said:

BTW is it morally okay if I warez it if it comes out in usa around november and here in germany 2 month later like all the older id titles?

"Morally okay" is a subjective term. Might be morally okay to you, might be morally okay to other people, but it's probably not morally okay to id Software and Activision.

You know, I'm really tired of all those release date threads, so I've decided that the next release date thread I see dies without mercy unless it really has a new interesting discussion to add to the forum.

Or if it is in fact a true release date announced by id themselves (but that would probably be in the News forum anyway).

BBG said:

Buy the damn game, basrad

read my damn post, ioit!
und ficken werd ich mich sicher nicht - wie soll das auch gehen? :)

Fredrik said:

"Morally okay" is a subjective term. Might be morally okay to you, might be morally okay to other people, but it's probably not morally okay to id Software and Activision.

naturally. In no way I am a warezer and I said that I have preordered d3 and I will pay for it when it arrives here in germany (like for all my other id titles) - BUT I am going to download d3 "in advance" if it is released in germany 2 month later like it was with the former id titles (quake series).
I hate that god damn wait and theoretically I have not stolen anything in the end.
Maybe there's a worldwide release this time -> no need to download it in advance.

If they (activision) would offer a paid download via the web I would get it this way but that way of selling the game seems not be very practicable: no shiny box, no manual and most important: no cd with copy protection.

hmmm....okay. idiotic topic of mine.

uniQ said:

All the other id titles have been available in Germany between 1 and 3 days later, not two months.

If you wait for an official German localized version tho - go on and wait for ever.

BNA! said:

All the other id titles have been available in Germany between 1 and 3 days later, not two months.

If you wait for an official German localized version tho - go on and wait for ever.

hmmmm. no way. I had to wait 1,5 month for the uk q3 version and about 3 months for the UK version of team arena. same with q1 and q2. uk/us version. To be honest: I dl'ed q3 and arena and bought them both when they later arrived at my door and never gave out a copy from them.

I don't buy german versions of foreign games as a matter of principle. I don't like being taken in by censorship.

uniQ said:

I don't buy german versions of foreign games as a matter of principle. I don't like being taken in by censorship.

Perfectly understandable - most German versions of action games are really dumb.
Ex: iirc, in RtCW, they replaced not only the swastika, but changed the story so that the "Nazis" were of a fanatical order called something a la "The Wolves" - it kills all the fun of immersing yourself into that game.

I sincerely hope we don't get some crap organization like the "Jugendshutz" thingy in Germany to ruin the games we buy in our stores here. Should that happen, I'd move to Britain.

The_Aeromaster said:

I think we need an insta-ban on posting release dates.

Naw, that'd be too strict - think about first time users who're unaware that we've discussed stuff like this countless times before and who're not smart enough to imagine that we have talked about it before. They usually think they do a good deed by informing us about when it seems possible that D3 will be released and in turn, they will feel treaded upon if we ban them.

So no, I won't go as far as instant banning people who post release date threads, but I'll gladly delete the threads.

I've heard it comes out in 2003...and if not then it's finished when it's done. Surprise hah?!

Maximum PC is a great rag, and usually quite reliable, but i agree that only id will be the 'Word of God'

When a true release date is announced, will it be put on the homepage of Doomworld? What i mean is, instead of posting where it makes it's way down the page as Newstuff Chrons. are added, can it get a semi-permanant place on the top of the page? at least for a while?

God Im pathetic... will ya do it?

If it does come out in november how many people, or people of my age (17) will wait till christmas to get it? Or is waiting for christmas a good idea?

Not for me, cuz my dad (who lives in another house) always gets me my big present. And i can't get this present till boxing day where i go to his house for a night or two. In relation to doom3 that's gonna suck. That's why i want a summer release which seems more and more impossible by the day. :(

BlueSonnet said:

If it does come out in november how many people, or people of my age (17) will wait till christmas to get it? Or is waiting for christmas a good idea?

Not for me, cuz my dad (who lives in another house) always gets me my big present. And i can't get this present till boxing day where i go to his house for a night or two. In relation to doom3 that's gonna suck. That's why i want a summer release which seems more and more impossible by the day. :(

Dude, buy it on your own. For your "big present", tell your old man to buy you a car instead of a $55 computer game lol

The_Aeromaster said:

Dude, buy it on your own. For your "big present", tell your old man to buy you a car instead of a $55 computer game lol

Sounds reasonable. :-P

Heh, I ALWAYS buy my own games - I just don't trust my family to pick the right games for me, or even to buy me any games whatsoever.

I agree. Noone knows your taste better than you do... so buy your own shit.

By the way, dsm and I are in agreement so much lately that I'm beginning to get paranoid.

Heh, that back fired for me once, when I bought RTCW just before my birthday and then my parents got it for me too ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, that back fired for me once, when I bought RTCW just before my birthday and then my parents got it for me too ;)

Heh, that won't happen for me - my parents only bought me one game before and that was when I told them that I do in fact prefer to buy them myself because I know my own taste better.

They were perfectly all right with that - they know that they aren't good at buying computer games.

By the way, dsm and I are in agreement so much lately that I'm beginning to get paranoid.

Is that so? Well, then I had better calm you down a bit: I do not quite agree with your views in your latest post in the thread about having Crash as a character in Doom 3 - but that's not really relevant for this thread so I'll just keep quiet about it.