Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

It is here

Mockery theme-based (so as to avoid total shite maps) mapping is going to be coming around. Who wants in?

Mockery is in the making and Mock2 is about to be released and a new one started. Join one of those. =P

Job said:

Mockery theme-based (so as to avoid total shite maps)

Uh, thats the entire point of Mockery..

I'd be willing to map for a mockery style project. I suck pretty badly already. And it takes me forever to produce maps. Im grade A mockery material!

Job said:

Mockery theme-based (so as to avoid total shite maps) mapping is going to be coming around. Who wants in?

I've already been in, and soon you will ph33r my (unconventional) mock 2 maps!!!

Ralphis said:

LEARN TO MAP GOOD AND MAKE GOOD MEGAWADS

Yeah, plus it's not like anything can compete with 1337-2.

Bad mappers ideally pump out thier shit really quickly, so they can flood /newstuff XD (who remembers the iamevil series XD)

mcokc 2 will own yuo!!!!. Dman it is cooliez0r!!!. HEh all f4cking kdinds of levels ade ther like teh 40!!!.

Ralphis said:

LEARN TO MAP GOOD AND MAKE GOOD MEGAWADS

I do plenty of "good maps," but megawads are slightly more difficult. As you said above, "easier said than done."

Anyway, Mock2 is a joke. It's hilarious to play. You'll understand that later. So don't badmouth something you have no idea about. Just wait a while.

Why don't you not tell me what I can and can't do IMP. I can start what I please in my freetime, and I don't have to finish ANYTHING. Mapping/editing is a hobby and if I get bored with one project then I can, we all have that right. Put some cash in my pocket and I'll finish one for you.

Any monkey can make a mockery level, but I'm talking about speedmapping mockery levels that aren't quite as shit-fucked as a 1,028x2,056 room filled with archies. Ah whatever.

Job said:

Mockery maps are total Shite, That's the whole point. In fact I have been thinking about doing one, and it is very hard to do a shit map. Much harder than I thought when I first thought of trying one. It is hard to think up ways to mess up the map and still make it playable.

You guys just wait for Mock2. There's a lot more to it than "shitty maps." Mockery ISN'T a bunch of five minute jobs where you just put crap together. There's a lot of time spent making "poorly designed" levels that are made in such a way as to make the player laugh.

Ichor said:

How about 13373r?

Good idea. The third one was gonna be 31337, but somehow I don't think that'll ever see the light of day.

Heh, I still have the 1337-2 engine here, I ought to do some testing with that again.

Supar1337 was the first joke I ever played, I still don't know how the dude messed up some of those sectors.

deathbringer said:

Bad mappers ideally pump out thier shit really quickly, so they can flood /newstuff XD (who remembers the iamevil series XD)

Wow. Someone actually played those?

Those were actually a prank I was playing on AndrewB. They're not quite Mockery (specially designed to be stupid and funny) they're more like specially-designed to be annoying.
I rather like the one where you explore a map, gather keys, and wander around looking for stuff when the exit is secretly right in the first room.

I doubt my work would even be worthy for even this type of megawad.
Anything I did manage to make was utter crap. except one level I was proud of... sadly.
to say the least, I lack mapping skills. But I wish I had a computer to give a whirl again.