Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wasted

Doom3 Lost Soul...

Not that I'm tired of seeing this guy in the same derned pose for every fanpic (that is, the original pose)

But I would really like to see someone challenge perspective a bit.
It just seems like a copy-drawn image of the original art..

Just my two bits.

There IS a new Doom 3 screenshot that shows a small group of lost souls from primarily the front - when do you guys start to draw this baby from the front? It's a much scarier view imo.

I'm thinking what silverwyvern said, as well as the eyes. Perhaps it just my eyes, but I think they are a mite smudgy. What I would have done here is make the edge VERY hard and crips around them, and where the eyelids cover it. And then, do all my glowy effects on the next 6 layers or so. That way you'd have the glow, and not a smudge where the lid is.. or should be.

Lost Soul said:

Perhaps it just my eyes, but I think they are a mite smudgy. What I would have done here is make the edge VERY hard and crips around them, and where the eyelids cover it. And then, do all my glowy effects on the next 6 layers or so. That way you'd have the glow, and not a smudge where the lid is.. or should be.

Yeah, for a coloured pic, this would be the way to do it - if I had done it in my Dragon pic, the colour version's eyes could've looked even cooler, sadly, Agnes missed the fact that the dragon's eyes were actually quite narrow in the original and that she mistook the glow on its eyelids as the outer rim of the eyes.

But it's a different matter with plain pencil drawings - to achieve the glowing eyes effect in those, making vague lines for the lids is a necessity. I guess I'm too used to making un-coloured pencil art.

AirRaid said:

Damn that's cool... the tongue is a bit weird... but still cool.

Heh, agreed... I wanted to cut it off but for some reason i left it...

Silverwyvern said:

But I would really like to see someone challenge perspective a bit.
It just seems like a copy-drawn image of the original art...

Agreed!!! Have no time to do perspect these days, heh.

It is actually my hand drawn image. While coloring i had to look at the original one. To do the thing kinda right way, heh...

2 dsm: soon, very soon the fear will invade F/F Forum section!!! I mean i have hand drawn image with the in_front_view of LS... But you know... my scanner has another plans...

Thatnks 4 attntn, heh