Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What does everyone look for in a music wad ?

would it be well known midis ?

people who compose music ?

people who get midis from websites to fit the theme of the level(s) ?

or just a music wad where you just want to get some cool midis to compile ?

Err....good tunes?

It depends what you're after. Some people go for a well-known author (eg. Tolwyn or Mark Klem), I used to get them to put the tunes in other maps (and make compilation music wads), but this one I compiled for Community Chest was designed to fit the maps as well as having a lot of my favourites in.

i also compile my favorites , get my faves such as cool ff themes, 007 themes, some star wars themes, i also have das boot and some other ones

i compiled a doom 2 music wad , a mix of rock music from the '70s and 80s, more ff music, some star wars music , etc, but if i do make a tc it may be a wad compilation with no particular theme

I think the music needs to go with the environment, example if the level is dark and creepy you need scary suspensing music not some techno.

for map 7 of doom 2 i used the FF6 boss theme as the theme, imo i feel that this one just for some reason matches the level

however for map 30 i used one of the ff 6 final boss themes

I managed to find all the good midi versions of the bond themes and the goldeneye music. if you want the zip i can email it to you.

Given the right tools, yep!

Perhaps OMGIFOL would be good for this since it is geared on gross handling of lumps.

hmm... when i was fooling around with classics.wad or something i noticed that some were protected and cannot be edited

Actually, they were probably just MIDIs (normally Doom wads contain MUS), which most ports now support, but a lot of wad editors (e.g. Wintex) don't recognize properly.