Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

jDoom Music Problem

Whenever I load a savegame in jDoom, the music starts over again. Is there any way to fix this?

Grimm said:

Whenever I load a savegame in jDoom, the music starts over again. Is there any way to fix this?

Now for a more constructive and helpful reply, the game does not save a specific spot in the music when you save your game, unless you can obtain a source copy of Jdoom and known your C, then most likely you will not beable to correct this. The reason being is that it could in theory generate a rather large savegame file if it has to remember everything plus what note or chord your music was on. Not much of a fix, but a quick little tid bit of information to tease your noggin with. ^^

uh . . .

Doom and ZDoom don't restart the music. Let's say I'm on Tower of Babel in jDoom, and the Cyberdemon blows me away, so I load my savegame. The music starts over again.

hmm... zdoom don't restart the music for me. And even the old doom(2).exe didn't do that. so...

Really? They load exactly where the music left off when you saved? That's pretty cool, can't say I ever noticed that.

Wow, I never would have imagined so much confusion could have erupted from my question. It must have been shitty wording on my part.

Ahem. Let's say I'm playing Gate to Limbo on Zdoom or the normal Doom.exe. Those freakin' Cacos get me again. So I load my savegame. The music continues playing.

Zip ahead to jDoom. I'm in the same situation as described above. Only this time, when I load that game, the music starts over again like I had just entered a new level. That's my problem. Doth anyone know how to fix it?

By the way, sorry about all the confusion. I just suck, that's all. :(

Nah man, don't worry. I think we all actually got what you meant :)

At least it isn't like a certain FPS I've played (can't remember which one) where the music actually restarted every time you saved. Being a borderline compulsive saver in most games, it drove me goddamn nuts.

But, go here and leave a post for Skyjake (the jdoom programmer)... he's a nice guy and pays a lot of attention to what people say on the forum.

I know what you're talking about, but I never really considered it a bug. I guess it's because I've been playing JHexen for so long that I just ignore it.

A lack of a feature that was in Vanilla Doom. And I believe it's per se, but I could be wrong.

This is why newdoom can go to Hell:

Let's say I'm playing Gate to Limbo on Zdoom or the normal Doom.exe. Those freakin' Cacos get me again. So I load my savegame. The music continues playing.
Zip ahead to jDoom. I'm in the same situation as described above. Only this time, when I load that game, the music starts over again like I had just entered a new level. That's my problem. Doth anyone know how to fix it?

So? what's wrong with that?

That's a pretty a normal thing with some games. It's practically not a problem. Some games just have the music for a certain level keep going when they restart that certain level.

I don't like it too muich either. Sometimes when I save, while i have idmus set to something else, I load it, and it laods the original song for the map.

edit: W00t! 250th post! Now I can use my custom avatar! :D
Teh Sonic and Sally smootch. :D

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Grimm: Skyjake has fixed the music problem in the latest version:

That's a shame. I preferred it the way it was.

I would not call that a "bug". I like it don't start over. Because then it starts get boring, imo.