Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Sonic Blastoff

We've been alerted of the release of version 1.04 of the "Final Demo" of Sonic Robo Blast II. What does this have to do with Doom, you ask? A good question, if you've never heard of this project. This is a total conversion for Doom using the Doom Legacy engine, but you won't see any semblance of Doom in it. It's a must for Sonic the Hedgehog fans, and maybe for people who aren't.

NiGHTMARE, are you a NiGHTS fan? If so, you might like what you find when you find all 20 emblems and beat the game...

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Epyo. Widen your mind. I've had no problems with SRB2.

Never! You'll never take me alive coppers! :D

Final Demo! Finally! Yes Yes Yes! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Score times infinity Plus 1! Hooble Dee Gooble Garben Win!
/victory dance plus a little somethin' somethin' :D
/me downloads and passes out.

SSNTails said:

are you a NiGHTS fan?

I'm afraid I don't even know what it/they is/are :|

DOOM Anomaly said:

Hows about the 411 on the 486? :D
In translation: Pardon?

Translation: Get a better computer, cheapskate! =P

DOOM Anomaly said:

Hows about the 411 on the 486? :D
In translation: Pardon?

You don't know what a 486 is? o_O

Anyway, the best way to make Legacy faster is to save it on to floppy, strap it to a big rock, get up in a plane and drop it to Earth from 40,000 feet.

Although technically it can only reach a certain speed, so it might be a good idea to strap a big rocket to it to make it go even faster. :)

NiGHTMARE said:

It was a popular Sega Saturn game.

Lol.... I'm gonna have to pull a clockwork orange on you to get you to play this Epyo.

Anyway... SRB2 ran really fast for me. Well, not really fast, since it has the good old 35fps cap, but at a decent, constant 35fps.

It does rule though, I love knuckle's matrix style backflip of walls, and the crazy air you get in some of the jumps. My only qualm is that it gets a little uncontrollable if you strafe run (which I do automatically) - rather than accelerating like you do normally, you pretty much instantly zoom around.

NiGHTMARE said:

Its a sega game, which the Chao came from, and were put in Sonic cause they were greatly liked. :D

And sorry about not knowing what that 486 is, I don't hear anythat outside of here. ;)

BlackFish said:

THIS MOD RULES!!!

:)

I agree! :D

A '486' was the processor in common usage when doom was released. It was the class of processor that was superceeded buy the pentium (although AMD, i think, called their early pentium rival the 586).

I junked my 386SX16 and brought a 486DX2/66 for the sole purpose of playing doom. It was a ninja machine in it's time, with a whopping 8mb of ram and a 500mb harddrive. heh

Russell_P said:

AMD, i think, called their early pentium rival the 586.

Apparently, AMD had several original Pentium competitors over the years. First there was the Nx586, a true 5th generation processor. Then there was the Am5x86, which was more or less a souped up Am486 chip. Then came the K5, then the K6, a 6th generation processor designed to compete with the P55c core, more commonly known as the Pentium MMX.

Lüt said:

So run it in software mode.

Thats what I've been doing....after I figured it out. :D

Assmaster said:

Yikes! 32.4 megs? This better be well worth it.

Well, in my opinion, it is, but thats the way I see it. :D

Only thing I see that may still need some upgrading on is just like in the last demo; Knuckles sprites are really well, bad, to say the least, the base is alright and stuff but the colors are distorted and there are white pixels and such on the edge of him like a bad cut-out job. ;) But seeing tis just a demo, its quite alright. :D

Heh, the problem is, from what I gathered from Bloodshedder after my very interesting experience the other day, Legacy doesn't *specifically* currently support XP. It works more than it doesn't, but there may be XP issues because of this lack of support.

This is, of course, undesirable in a 21st century Doom port, and I hope the C++ Legacy puts this (amongst other things) to rights.

I've just downloaded this and played it, and amazingly it worked! A lot of Legacy specific stuff gives me errors in Legacy usually. Of course Legacy is hardly recognisable in here though. Anyway it looks very good so well done.

Wow, that was damn good. The only problem I had was movement. I found the characters difficult to control. But not so bad that it ruined the gameplay.

This mod has to be the best yet, its certainly the best thing Ive seen done with Doom. SSNTAILS should contact sega and see if he can make a deal with them to sell this in shops.

Im LMFAO @ all the feeble minded types here at doomworld who think they have to hate Legacy because they use zdoom. They just dont know what they are missing.

Not so fast there mystic. Legacy does have it's problems. It's a decent port though. There is no reason to mock people because they use Zdoom instead of legacy. IMO Zdoom IS better. Although, considering the work you put into SRB2, Making it as good as it is, goes to show that legacy is still very capable when you try.

I find it funny too, considering the rules at your forum for SRB2, then you go here and make with the flames.