Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber-menace

Map 31 - The Moon

I have some cool news! My creation for The Cyberdemon Army (A scott231ca and cyber-menace project!) is complete! I used A LOT of scripting in this map and added a new sky and some monsters! I think anyone who is curious should check it out. In order for it to work properly the whole map pack must be downloaded! You can get it by downloading Doom - The Cyberdemon Army (Map Pack) This contains the current 16 maps in the project! Only 3 of them are mine because I just started. I plan to add some new textures for the next secret level. Anyways if you only want to see The Moon just type idclev31 and you will be there. Also this map only runs in newest version of Zdoom! Enjoy!

EDIT: Please post your comments about the map here! Also don't cheat! It may cause minor texture errors.

Heh, those mini cybs are cool. They kill themselves though. The mini spiders seem invincible. Is that right?

I like the low gravity areas that get you from one place to another. I can only suggest you add a lot more detail. And I disagree with those nazis. Strongly.

the maps need work

for the love of god lower unpeg the door tracks!@$% and make ALL of the doors inset (so they don't go all the way up to the ceiling)

and why are there do many unmodified doom2 patches in this wad...in fact it looks like you included every single doom2 patch, tsk tsk

[david brent] what do i think honestly? wooden. [/david brent ]

Oh well, if you get it into /newstuff before next weeks reviews, it will at least beat my ancient PC Bughunt which i have uploaded, so it wont be the worst of the week XD

StRiKeR said:

BOOOOOOO,dude. It is a no no to not include a text file with your pwad.

its just a test version, it is not like he has uploaded it to idgames yet.

the map pack sums up to this...

hr2 + newbie maps + lack of brightness = USE THE DAMN CHEATS AND HAVE FUN!! :)

oh yeah assmaster, that avatar's from office space.

Well the first 13 maps aren't even mine. They were made by the starter of the Cyberdemon Army project. His username here is scott231ca. Although he's not on very often. Also about the lower unpegs in his first few maps. THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF THEY DRIVE ME CRAZY LOOKING AT THEM! That's why I made a list of all the errors that need to be fixed. They're still 16 more maps to make for this megawad. And I'm doing most of the maps I think. I'll get scott231ca to fix those errors later. Map 31 IS as complete as I'm going to make it though. I just improove with time. Heck my next map will probably be cool. And oh yes I think I might have forgotten to mention that MAP 31 is meant for skilled doomers because of it being a secret level I decided to make it hard. My regular maps will be easy though. If anyone who knows sweet scripting, how to add textures (not replace), and knows a lot about the Zdoom extra features, are invited to help out with the Cyberdemon Army project!

Well I discovered you don't need the rest of DOOM's textures in a patch wad to add new one's sooo the link to the Map Pack will be updated when I get a chance to talk to my web host. It took off about 4MB getting rid of the rest of the textures.

Mini-Spiders : Mini-Spiders are impossible to hit with bullet, or shell weapons. The shots from these guns are too small and therefore miss the spiders altogether. The only way to kill them is either by rocket (usually just one), or by blowing them away with the BFG! I supply lots of ammo for both in my level so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Oh and by the way I forgot to ask, what did everybody think of the Abyss? The area that's evil was controled by the 1st Mega Cyberdemon!

The new Cyberdemons are kind of weird. The small ones kill themselves and shoot a missile from way above their head, and the large ones walk too slow and shoot it from between their hooves. I have a key bound to "summon bfgball" that I ended up using a lot in the map since there's so many Cyberdemons, which is kind of boring gameplay. The idea is good but the levels SEVERELY need detailing.

This entire Megawad is probably an example of the growing skill of the makers. The first level was by far the worst, but as the game continued it got better. That's probably how the next 16 maps are going to go as well. Just slowly increasing in quality.

I also noticed a pattern in the first few levels, the room with the exit switch was right after a key door, and theres a cyb waiting for you behind EVERY door too, it's crazy!

I didnt mind the number of cybers in map 31. But where were all the weapons? I never found anything more than the chaingun.

I never usually add weapons in my levels because by this point I expected people to have them all! So just use IDFA when the level begins. When I play DOOM I just load my save game when I die.

Oh. I made it all the way to "The Abyss' with nothing stronger than a chaingun. So I fought the cybies in there for several minutes hoping something would appear(like a plasma rifle). Eventually I got bored and quit.

cyber-menace said:

I never usually add weapons in my levels because by this point I expected people to have them all! So just use IDFA when the level begins. When I play DOOM I just load my save game when I die.

That's a bad idea. Put in some weapons, heh.

cyber-menace said:

What about all the people who like to play each level starting with just pistol and fists?

NiGHTMARE said:

What about all the people who like to play each level starting with just pistol and fists?

You could always edit the map yourself, otherwise your screwed.

If you expect people to just use IDFA at the start, it shouldnt trouble your conscicence to just stick in every weapon, loads of ammo and several backpacks and a megasphere at the start of every level, well it';ll save them some effort XD

just stick all the necessary stuff in secrets. That way, it wont be totally impossible.

All levels should be beatable with a pistol start. Period.

Since you're making it for ZDoom, why not make it place in weapons/ammo if you don't have it already? That way if you come in with stuff, it won't give you anything. If you don't, it'll give it to you.

Nah, dont script the weapons additons. It would make the level too easy. Just hide them really well instead. Or make us fight for them.

Nanami said:

All levels should be beatable with a pistol start. Period.

Unless it's part of a hub.

The next level I'm working on is going to be relativly easy. It's the next secret level. You come back to Earth to a Town that has already been burned and destroyed by the Hell Spawn. That means there won't be too many left behind. Also I made sure to make it plenty detailed. I might post the first miniture part of it on the forums soon.