Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkstalker

Computer thingy

Well I'm finally builing my 1st computer and I decided to start looking for computer pieces for the P4 I'm making but I need a bit of help : I don't know much about motherboards and RAM chips. I don't care much of the price but I want quality stuff for gaming. I could use some advice to what to look for and what to buy. Suggestions and/or reliable sources or reviews would help me a lot, thx.

Alboroto said:

My only comment is: Don't spend your money in one place.

Well that's depends on the shop.

My friend bought a fairly powerful PC from one place for only $1600 aussie, so that's like $500 and a bit american.

AMD Athlon 2400+
512 PC2700 DDR
60GBHDD
GF4 Ti4200 128MB

etc

My advice is, once you know the parts you want, go to pricewatch.com. This is probably the best site I've seen for computer parts of any kind, and you can also look for cheaper alternitives here.

pricewatch i dont like much cuz most of the companies ive looked for put generic shit on there and are unreliable. i stand by newegg.com

JavaGuy4230 said:

My advice is, once you know the parts you want, go to pricewatch.com. This is probably the best site I've seen for computer parts of any kind, and you can also look for cheaper alternitives here.

Don't link to Pricewatch without also linking to ResellerRatings too. You can check the reliability of the resellers there, and see what other people thought of them.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Well that's depends on the shop.

My friend bought a fairly powerful PC from one place for only $1600 aussie, so that's like $500 and a bit american.

AMD Athlon 2400+
512 PC2700 DDR
60GBHDD
GF4 Ti4200 128MB

etc

That's a good deal...

back in december I paid some friends $50 to build me a comp.

cost $730, counting the $50 I gave em.

That covered:

Case
Mobo
Power Supply
512 ddr
20gb hd
52x cdrw
gf4
sblive

I'm not a fan of pentiums tho.

Asus, AMD, Creative, Nvidia, and Seagate all rock.

faggots.

Alboroto said:

That's a good deal...

Exactly, considering he got a DVD-Rom, CD Burner, 17 inch monitor, and everything else essential, it was a very good deal :)