Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

Which broadband ISP?

I live in Cali, and I'm about to switch from 56k to broadband, so I'd like your opinions. What bb ISPs do you guys use, which are good ones, which ones should be avoided?

I use cox, it's cool, 7 email addresses allowed, and 10 megs of personal ad-free webspace per email address. So technically, you can have 70 megs of ftp webspace, for free. Oh and it's broadband too, yeah.

Roadrunner is what I use. Here, we get unlimited bandwith and uncapped download / upload speeds

BBG said:

Roadrunner is what I use. Here, we get unlimited bandwith and uncapped download / upload speeds

damn you. :)
I have Cox, upload speeds are capped at 15kb/s I think. Donwload speed is capped too, but not too limiting. sucks for gaming, but is fine for regular net activity.
I went down to Cox and they were like "uhhh" and I was like "Whatever!"

It really depends on what ISP available in your local area. Right now I'm using Bellsouth's service and I must say the download speed is quite fast, the upload speed is alright. However it gets pretty unstable from time to time.

Como va todo por Cali?
Alla por lo menos tienes 56k, aca estamos jodidos con una pinchi conexion de 33k a lo mucho...

I checked broadbandreports.com (same as dslreports?) and after calling a couple of places it seems like I'm too far away for dsl. So we're gonna go with Earthlink cable, they got a lot good reviews on that site:)