Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

Korax mod

Has anyone else been having trouble with maps resetting in the Korax mod? It's happened to me in the first two hubs with v2.5, using the fighter and Direct3D.

(and before you all say it, I've sent a bug report to the Korax Heritage team - I was wondering if any of you have had trouble with it)

You mean resetting like entering the map and have everything be there as if you've never been there before? I've played with the fighter, but I used the kmogl.bat file, and I haven't had any problems like that.

Yep, that's what I mean (and I got the greetings mortal message again, too). I was using kmd3d.bat, as I can't save game when using OpenGL - that's what was causing the savegame trouble in Fury.wad, too.

My only problem with Kmod was that I kept getting an error when I finished the first hub. I'm not sure what it was, I'll have to play it again.

Let me guess, clus1msg not found? Or something like that.

And as for the map resetting bug, was that happening in fury.wad too, or just the Korax mod?

Bingo. That or 10 seconds after startup it freezes my computer.

Ichor said:

And as for the map resetting bug, was that happening in fury.wad too, or just the Korax mod?

I mentioned it because I tried to load a savegame with the Korax mod (OpenGL) and it crashed (just like it did on Fury), so I tried Direct3D on both and was able to save/load, no problem. I was gonna play Fury with Direct3D after playing Hexen, so I haven't found out yet.

I mentioned it in their forums and I'm going to test it when I get home in an hour or so.

The Korax guy told me it was because I had another version of Doomsday in the same folder. I didn't, but I did have Fury in there, so I removed that, reinstalled kmod and so far I've done the first hub without any trouble.

Good. As I told him just now, I was worried a bit that this might have affected Fury as well, but oh well, heheh...