Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

Aww how .... sad?

So sad.

Um, what's the deal? Is this guy somebody you know in person? I don't see what the deal with the death of an aged politician is, except a bit of postcount++.

Death comes for us all - it's only a matter of time. /Death laughs evilly.

Btw, I'm attending my grandpappy's funeral today. Died last week. R.I.P. Gramps. /me bows head.

Damn, how do you live to be that old?
I second, dsm. Death comes for us all, you can lock yourself in an air-tight room and death will still find you.
Anyway, I don't want to live to be too old.

Janderson said:

...you can lock yourself in an air-tight room and death will still find you.

In that situation, he'd find you pretty darn quickly.

Anyway, I'll bet there are about 50 billion sadder things that have happened in the world.

Janderson said:

...you can lock yourself in an air-tight room and death will still find you.

In that situation, he'd find you pretty damn quickly.

Damn, I KNEW this was going to happen. I KNEW that Strom would die this week :(

Too bad I was right.

Democratic segregationist

Sorry if I wrong, but weren't segregationists the bad guys of the 50s and 60s in the USA?

AndrewB said:

In that situation, he'd find you pretty darn quickly.

Assmaster said:

In that situation, he'd find you pretty damn quickly.

omg andrewb = assmaster lolololoololl

spank said:

Sorry if I wrong, but weren't segregationists the bad guys of the 50s and 60s in the USA?

I thought that was communists.

Of equal importance was the passing of the late great Sir Dennis Thatcher this week, husband of Margaret Thatcher and a witty, hilarious man.

RIP.

spank said:

Depends on how far South you are.

Some of these tardcakes are still going strong in the deep South.

It's about time.

/me pisses on his grave before they can even have his funeral.

In fact...

/me pours a dozen gallon juggs of saved up piss into the pit his filthy carcus is to be lowered into.

But I suppose corporate republican amorica will honor the swine.

"'Surrounded by family, my father was resting comfortably, without pain, and in total peace,' Thurmond Jr. said in a statement released by the hospital."

Why's this so sad, seems like the best way to go. . . the saddest thing would be that he lived that long *cringes at the thought*

Scabbed Angel said:

the saddest thing would be that he lived that long *cringes at the thought*

thats what im talkin bout.

Gokuma said:

It's about time.

/me pisses on his grave before they can even have his funeral.

In fact...

/me pours a dozen gallon juggs of saved up piss into the pit his filthy carcus is to be lowered into.

But I suppose corporate republican amorica will honor the swine.

How mature.

Actually, Strom Thurmond was a very good politician. He took his job very seriously and went out of his way to personally help individual constituents. His middle-century past was not very admirable, but the fact that he admitted his faults and overcame his segregationist views, in turn steering the south in general away from the even stronger racism of the time, shows the strong character of the man.

Not my favorite person still, but I think a lot of the things that have been said recently, especially as a result of Trent Lott's idiocy, are more than a little extreme.

In other news, Strom Thurmond held a press conference today to settle misconceptions and confirm that he had, in fact, died twelve years ago.

When asked about his collapse on 26 June, the centenarian politician smiled and said it was "Nothing that a good meal of BRAINS couldn't fix".

The news story said
As a diehard opponent of civil rights legislation in the U.S. Senate, in 1957 he set the still-standing record for the longest filibuster. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes in a losing effort to block a bill creating a Civil Rights Commission and a Civil Rights Division in the Justice Department.

In 1964, he began an exodus of white Southern Democrats and bolted from the party to support Republican Barry Goldwater for president.

But in 1971, he became the first Southern senator to hire an African-American aide, and in the 1980s, he supported the creation of a national holiday honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Wow, he hired an aide and supported a holiday. That's what you call PR and damage control. I don't see what he did to really help multiple people and it hardly redeems his past actions. The Daily Show had some footage him of really raving. I say fuck him and any rednecks like him.

zarcyb said:

omg andrewb = assmaster lolololoololl

Holy crap! I didnt notice that. Scary.