Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines, because Nick Baker is organizing a speed mapping session for Sunday, Sunday Sunday!! It starts at 7pm GMT (which is 1pm central, 2pm eastern, 11am pacific) in the channel #zdoom on the Freenode network.

Now, since this is on topic, the channel #zdoom on the Freenode network is now being run by the Freenode administratia. Former users are being encouraged to join the channel #doom on Freenode if they'd prefer a channel being operated by the Doom community, however, the possibility of other channels is still being discussed.

I agree with mewse that being moderated after a fashion by freenode staff runs counter to the interests of the doom community in general. I humbly submit that an alternative IRC home for the important day-to-day real-time needs/discussions be established; if not an entirely different IRC network then at least a more appropriate channel such as #doom on freenode.

The sooner this whole matter is resolved the sooner we all can come together in an 'official' chat forum to bring further greatness to this ever-developing entity -- the doom community.

Thank You.

how about the inverse of speed mapping, slowmapping. make a wad in 4 years.

They're already doing that, it's called "Millenium".

Sorry Lut, couldn't resist. :p

BlackFish said:

WHY?

kurt dropped the registration because he had so many headaches dealing with stuff, and freenode took it over.

Why couldn't he have just passed it on to somebody else, like, somebody who ISN'T the Freenode administration?

Well, it's good to know at least that it's only changed hands because Kurt dropped it. At first I thought maybe there was too much spamming and Freenode stepped in and booted everybody and made it an instant K-line channel or something.

Ultraviolet said:

At first I thought maybe there was too much spamming and Freenode stepped in

Dude, all of the spam that's ever appeared on OPN^WFreenode has come from lilo himself.

mewse said:

Sunday, Sunday Sunday

you need to say it with style, like a race car announcer

sunday, sunday,SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

anyways, the #zdoom falling out is a damn shame. people are returning to #doom. What's next? AndrewB's return to IRC?

I'd like to see just ONE speedmap that actually looks half good and is actually quite long :P

#unidoom - remains the longest living channel on openprojects/freenode run by doomers. Fear it. Respect it. Idle it.

AgentSpork said:

I'd like to see just ONE speedmap that actually looks half good and is actually quite long :P

Go here and grab number 8 :)

Ralphis said:

#unidoom - remains the longest living channel on openprojects/freenode run by doomers. Fear it. Respect it. Idle it.

-ChanServ- Channel: #unidoom
-ChanServ- Registered: 1 year 51 weeks 2 days (14h 59m 38s) ago

--------------

-ChanServ- Channel: #eternity
-ChanServ- Registered: 2 years 20 weeks 2 days (1h 22m 40s) ago

--------------

It's obvious that Ralphis is a liar, and untrustworthy at the very least. If this is any measure of character (and I believe it is) then the last thing to do would be to submit to his wild fantasies of taking over the doom community for his own selfish ends.

NiGHTMARE said:

Yeah that's a great wad. Too bad my part rather missed the theme and is way too crowded with monsters compared to the other parts :)

Okay.. that's pretty good, especially because it's a speedmap :)

jon^c said:

It's obvious that Ralphis is a liar, and untrustworthy at the very least. If this is any measure of character (and I believe it is) then the last thing to do would be to submit to his wild fantasies of taking over the doom community for his own selfish ends.

Forgive me if I haven't a clue what I'm talking about (I've only read the site for much longer than I'm willing to admit, never hung out in the chatrooms, nor really know anyone) but to call him untrustworthy and a liar, over a registration he may not even remember from about 2 years ago, isn't that a little harsh?

sponge: We're all pretty friendly here. If there's ever a major fight it'll usually involve banning. Otherwise, any flaming and laming you see around here shouldn't be taken seriously.

AgentSpork said:

Besides the one NiGHTMARE mentioned (which was of course much more than 100 minutes work in total), I recall Jonathan Rimmer doing some fantastic speedmaps, such as one that offered a good 20 minutes of challenging and varied gameplay. And generally, I've been impressed by many of the speedmaps, such as those in the last sargebaldy instalment.