Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

Chasecam Mod

I've heard there's a mod that lets you play Doom on third person view. I think it's a patch. Where can I download it?

I am not talking about the engines. I am talking about about a patch that you can patch it in your doom IWADs so you can play Chasecam view.

Huh? I dont think that's possible in Doom(2).exe. The only way I can think of is by creating a set of weapon sprites that make it look like the doomguy is standing in front of the screen. That would look like ass.

Isn't there a utility which turn original .exe demos into 3rd person or something (I believe it's what the Doom Done Quick team used)? This may be what you're thinking of.

Lizardcommando said:

Yeah... but Zdoom's chasecam is better. :p

Your entirely correct. But it was still worth noting.

Wait, you want to play multiplayer with chasecam on? That would be kinda hard, wouldn't it? I mean, aiming would be hard, well... unless you have autoaim, that's a different story.

From now on, I am gonna use Zdaemon or ZDoom to play third person. There should be a patch that would let you play Chasecam view.

NiGHTMARE said:

Isn't there a utility which turn original .exe demos into 3rd person or something (I believe it's what the Doom Done Quick team used)? This may be what you're thinking of.

They apparently used it for Doom2 Done Quick, but not for the others. You can get the files here if you don't like fileplanet.

Eternity has a pretty good chasecam (and a walkcam, which is fun for watching demos). Legacy's chasecam is quite unreliable - it gets snagged extremely often.

Chasecams suck anyway, I have no idea why you'd want to use one. The Doom guy sprites frankly aren't good enough.

I'd only use a chasecam if I wanted to see what was going on behind the player in a demo. And the walkcam (which I mentioned above) is nice if, e.g., you want to watch an infight that was going on while the player was elsewhere. I'd certainly never want to play with 3rd-person perspective.

Unless you are referring to the WAD on the idgames database, that changes all the guns in o a 3rd person view of the Space Marine.