• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

#ZDOOM/FREENODE

ZDOOM on the New FREENODE  

30 members have voted

1. 1. ZDOOM on the New FREENODE

• I prefer the new #zdoom, It\\\'s a welcome change.
    • I prefer the old #zdoom, I\'ll determine what I can say.
    • I don\\\'t care, all I want to do is talk to fellow doomers.
    • What now?

Okay, you all know the deal. So vote on it. IMO dmwaters should go away, and leave #zdoom to the people who use it.

I don't see why the retarded freenode philosophy has been enforced on the channel. If it was chosen that way as it was handed over, fine, but either way I'm out.

Why'd this happen in the first place?

mewse said:

kurt dropped the registration because he had so many headaches dealing with stuff, and freenode took it over.

Oh, that sucks.

I dont have anything against freenode or the freenode channel guidelines. The goal of the new system seems to be to establish a higher quality channel, which I think is a worthy goal.

What I do disagree with is the fact that the channel is being run by staffers from freenode who essentially have nothing to do with the doom community. I'd rather have a channel run by doomers for doomers, than by freenode for freenode.

For the moment I've established #doom as an autonomous place to talk free of freenode control (well almost). If I have to move the channel to another network to maintain that, I will do so.

lament said:

let's just all move to despayre (why choose the lesser evil?)

We are not operating despayre IRC as a public service, and as things stand moving to despayre is not one of your options.

Arioch said:

We are not operating despayre IRC as a public service, and as things stand moving to despayre is not one of your options.

This is correct, despayre is a doomi private party

Nanami said:

As soon as ZDoom has chatroom support we'll be all set.

Like everyone (or most people) in #zdoom use zdoom

Option C. I don't give two shits who runs it or whatever, I just don't care. I get on to talk about Doom (or whatever the hell everyone is usually talking about whenever I get on) with my fellow Doomers. Otherwise, heh.