Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
player

a strange idea

I was wondering if since some games if one kills a enemie it sometimes spawns another enemy

suck as in duke 3d with the pig tanks destroy the tank a pig cop is spawned

or in the jedi knight games, destroy the atst and an imperial stormtrooper or officer or even a commando gets spawned

would that be possible in Doom or doom 2 using a program like dehacked or would it be like rewriting the whole program... ?

the reason im asking this is because im fooling around with a AT-ST in doom and when i kill it i wanna see some imperials get out of the wreckage

You could. Like, you could make a "shotgunner tank" using the mancubus, make the Mancubus drop a shotgunner on death and booyaka!

the only problem is that using dehacked there is a dropped by enemy if there was an option which enemy would drop what then everything would be easiter

If you're using ZDoom you can easily spawn any (spawnable) thing on an monster's death. Just set the monster's speical to execute a script that waits a couple tics and then spawns another monster at the same spot. You can't directly use the spawn command as the monsters special because the place will still be blocked for some time when the monster dies.
Here is a funny example.

Remember, if you want to spawn a solid object over the killed monster, you have to wait until the killed monster comes out of it solid state (when dropping on the ground) then spawn the object, just call a script and use delay before the new spawn.

Sphagne said:

Remember, if you want to spawn a solid object over the killed monster, you have to wait until the killed monster comes out of it solid state (when dropping on the ground) then spawn the object, just call a script and use delay before the new spawn.

Did you actually read the 2nd sentence of my post?

hmm... it seems tough to do, but it will be a really interesting thing to see

Yeah, ZDoom is great for this. Using a Z Thrust and a spawn on death I made some marines that lose their weapon when they die. Shotgun, SSG, chaingun, and one had a plasma rifle. Worked great.

change the ammo clip into an imperial troop and the pistol zombie into an atst

vwaa fucking laa

hmm... so if i wanted the cyber to drop something i would have to do some scripting then some testing

Or you could copy and paste the Cyber stats to something that drops an item (zombieman) and change what they drop (clip) into something.

However, doing this is a bad idea. Cybers (and Masterminds) have a hard-coded BOSS bit that makes their sounds like waking and death heard all over the map, and makes them immune to splash damage.

Basically that means if you move the Cyb, he'll go down in WAY fewer rockets, and he'll be a lot quieter. I suggest scripting.

Nanami said:

Or you could copy and paste the Cyber stats to something that drops an item (zombieman) and change what they drop (clip) into something.

AKA what I said.