Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dorinsa

Go2It fast monsters

A few years ago, I beat Go2It on ultra violence and fast monsters with no cheats. Can anyone else do that? I love that level.

heh. Ahem!.

heh, oops. I missunderstood your question. Is the level on idgames ftp?.

I'm a bit baffled here. Anyway, if you can't find your way around the compet-n site, the Plutonia map32 demos page is here. I like the pacifists best.

There was an earlier (and substantially different) version of Go2It released under the name Punisher. Info and demos (including UV -fast) here.

Dorinsa said:

A few years ago, I beat Go2It on ultra violence and fast monsters with no cheats. Can anyone else do that?

Yep. On ZDoom, too. (and on vanilla fast monsters from a pistol start)

I used to think it was incredibly insane and that it was the most difficult level ever. That was because the first time I played it was on co-op, which has like 9000x the enemies than single player.

Single player GO2IT really isn't that hard as long as you take your time. There's a lot of cover. I've played more challenging levels than that.

Dorinsa said:

A few years ago, I beat Go2It on ultra violence and fast monsters with no cheats. Can anyone else do that? I love that level.

Yeah but can you beat it UV pacifist in under a minute?

Heh, I've seen the 50-something second demo and I believe it was pacifist.

Dorinsa said:

Yep. Years ago. There's a knack to that dumb level.

Nanami said:

Yeah but can you beat it UV pacifist in under a minute?

Heh, I've seen the 50-something second demo and I believe it was pacifist.

The page I linked to earlier has the details of the current records. UV Speed is 0:54, NM is 1:18 and UV Pacifist is 1:28.

It's hard to see how UV Pacifist under a minute would be possible (even if tool-assisted) with the current route.

Hm, 'm looking for demo's of pwads, already tried id archive but it's quite limited. Next stop was google but "doom lmp aliens the total conversion" or "doom demo aliens the total conversion" leads to dead links things like http://www.d3files.com/file.news?ID=4032 or even duke stuff. Is there a site still dedicated to this?
Edit: found already opulent and lmps R us, but not yet the aliens lmp.

No, I'm not. But there's no need to check those out

'll take this oppertunity to note an annoyingly frequent error that I get a lot of mail about - the symptoms are puddles floating in mid-air, corridors you can't seem to fit down, objects flicking between different sets of sprites, and other weirdness. These errors (and hundreds of other, less obvious errors and bugs) are the result of the Dehacked patch not installing correctly

and that quote comes from http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1121/
It sure does work like that with prboom and I'm afraid with other source ports as well. Pity.

I never heard of anyone demo-ing aliens... they aren't exactly demo-friendly maps... and overall it's appeal was not playability.
I'd love to see some though if you give it a try.