Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

What's the difference..

....between a Macintosh and a PC?
Pardon me for sounding like a fool, I'm just curious.

Most
Applications
Crash,
If
Not,
The
Operating
System
Hangs

LOL thats kewl...

But seriously...thats right, MACS suck!!

Later

Macs exist purely so that idiotic people can post anti-PC messages in forums and message boards and then get flamed.

PC computers use X86 instructions to operate. Programs are available in a number of 'languages' (programming code) and several Operating Systems are available although most people use Windows because it has the largest software base.

Mac computers are RISC based. Reduced InStruCtion set. Unlike PC, everything coded on Macintosh must use the same language. Because of this Macintosh only gets 5% of the software market and most people that use it are either zealots or simply uneducated about the system.

Not to say that it is a useless OS, but it is miles behind everything else in the market. Sure, it was great when it came out... but it hasn't grown nearly as much as everything else has and is only a shadow of it's former glory.

Mac computers are RISC based. Reduced InStruCtion set.

Actually, it's Reduced Instruction Set Computer :)

Unlike PC, everything coded on Macintosh must use the same language.

Noo, what the fuck do you mean by that? That sounds rather dumb. What "same language" do you mean?

Evertime I'm chatting with programmers and I ask they why don't they do anything for Mac they all say they don't want to have to do it in that same damn language. That's what they all bitch about to me anyway. Oh well. Not as if I care that much about Mac... way too slow and nowhere near enough software for the asking price.

Oh okay, whew, that really would suck. =)

Still... how fucking hard would it be to convert a program from x86 to RISC?

From assembly -- pretty damn near impossible.
From ANSI C source code, for example - should be simple, C compiler for Macs certainly exists.
From Visual C++ (on which most of the Windows programs are probably written) - again pretty damn near impossible.

Assembly goes with direct processor instructions and since they're different I can understand that. Any language that also is OS dependant is right out. Well I was sorta assuming that stuff. =)

From what I've heard, Mac's new OSX is based on UNIX. PPCLinux of course runs on a Mac PowerPC. Macs are popular among the artsy types.

What would be the fucking point in that? That would be like trading a half empty beer for a warm shotglass of piss.

With that numb OS how the fuck is any Mac user going to figure out Linux?

Well, that's what I would do if I had a Mac. Linux is certainly better than MacOS, I hope you at least won't deny THAT...

[edit]hey, this post is the first post in September!.. The summer's over :([/edit]

Wow, you just made the first post of the new month! Congratulations!

/me hands Lament a shoehorn.

Yeah, my edit and your post are made at the same time. Well, at least when I started to edit it, your post wasn't there :P

Lucky bastard! I want a shoehorn! Whatever it takes to sucessfully uninstall Linux. Oh yeah, Ranish...

Anyway, yeah Linux is *somewhat* better than Mac... but not a whole helluva lot... and you go from a super easy OS to an OS that you basically have to sleep with for years to understand... all I'm saying is at least you could do something with those G4's instead of just Photoshop and Maya. Not much, but something.

Yeah, my edit and your post are made at the same time. Well, at least when I started to edit it, your post wasn't there :P

WELL DO YOU WANT YOUR FUCKING SHOEHORN OR NOT?!?

Crimony! :P

Allright. I won it, so I have to take it.

/me takes the shoehorn
/me tries to play something on it

Damn, it's not THAT kind of horn...

/me gives the shoehorn to deadnail

I'll take it! Just don't shove it up my ass like the last time I asked for something. I can't believe that can still has some left in it...

honestly macs are not that great, at least in my world. Imacs are horrible pieces of crap. why dont an IMac have a floppy drive and how is in possible to add cards/ram/others to it. second not much is out for macs. they were the first with a GUI and were great years back but then quickly fell behind. Macs are very userfriendly but if u want to do many advanced things it is impossible. macs are ok for graphics but that is about it. I will prefer a good old PC over naything else