Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Dues Ex Machina: Reborn with Screenshots

Looks interesting. I like the lighting in the fourth screenshot. And I'm always up for hell themed maps.

There was an old (and very weird) pwad called Deus Ex Machina. Maybe Andy's trying to distinguish it from that.

Tormentor667 said:

*yawn*

Looks boring

And boring was the spiders in tnt3 too.

So what?! This thread is not about the spiders in TNT3, it is about the "Deus Ex Machina : Reborn" map so stay on topic.

And what's your problem with my opinion? The shots are boring in my eyes and Andy posted this because he wants to get feedback.

Well, you could have written something like this:

Well, Wouldn`t it better if you made this part of the level in that way?..

or I think that the textures should be changed to something like...

Ok ok ok.

Everyone just cool there heels..Everyone is intitled to there differening thoughts. If some people think this map is going to suck well then they don't need to DL it then. I will just have to live with there views. I can't please everyone. (I am not that good. I will never be either) Yes I wanted feedback. And if thats is wrong then I don't even know why I make maps then. I mean if i can't get peoples thoughts on my maps or if its wrong to even try to do so--then why fucking bother...

Like anyone should make judgement on a map based on screenshots alone. I think the shots look very promising. How Tormentor could get 'boring' from screenshots is beyond me. I'll be waiting for a download!

Well, if you release a one-map wad, it should be something special. I don't like to download a simple Doom2/Doom style map which I will only play one time and delete after completion.

If I look at the screens, they tell me, that the above described way of dealing with wads is very possible.

You delete wads? Hm, wow. Anyway I've not played a single map of Andy's that was bad so I have faith in this one.

Tormentor667:

I respect your views on my map..

I am not here to please everyone.
But you must understand that this map in particular was started over a year ago. When I started to to finish it a few days ago, all I did was add monsters to it. I have learned alot since I started this map. So this map may not be as good as my maps could be today wise.

I do understand and that's why I don't draw a conclusion concerning your skills as map builder. Everyone can learn a lot and study further after a year, so I don't think that all of your work is bad. I just don't like THIS map ;)

Tormentor667 said:

I do understand and that's why I don't draw a conclusion concerning your skills as map builder. Everyone can learn a lot and study further after a year, so I don't think that all of your work is bad. I just don't like THIS map ;)

Ok cool. Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say.. :)

I've played the map and it's not boring at all like "Mr. I'm about to get a silly title" says. Very good map, Andy! Btw. You can sneak past the metal pole at the end of the map!

Grazza said:

There was an old (and very weird) pwad called Deus Ex Machina. Maybe Andy's trying to distinguish it from that.

very weird? this sounds rad. i couldn't find it in the archives though. do you know anywhere i can obtain this?

Shaviro said:

Btw. You can sneak past the metal pole at the end of the map!

Well there is one maojor thing wrong.. Oh well.. IT has one big flaw..

BTW: Did you use a port to play the map?

Aleaver said:

Well there is one maojor thing wrong.. Oh well.. IT has one big flaw..

BTW: Did you use a port to play the map?

Yeah. Zdoom.

Just played it. Very nice level, though it could with some serious texture alignment work in places.

BTW, it is also possible to get past the marble barrier near the start (the one with the teleporter behind it).

it shouldn't be possible until you hit the switch to lower it.

When I played through it with regular Doom everything seemed fine.

Well, the original .exe won't run on my computer (dunno why, it's not as though I'm using XP), so I can't check it in that. However, I did try it in Eternity, and you can't get past either of these things... meaning it would appear to be a ZDoom bug.

pregnant with worms said:

very weird? this sounds rad. i couldn't find it in the archives though. do you know anywhere i can obtain this?

Perhaps you didn't notice, but I PMed you about this. (Summary: I'll e-mail you the wad if you give me an address.)

Aleaver said:

I use bsp 5.0

I've had issues with that one... maybe I was using the wrong parameters, but I found BSP 2.3 or whatever the earlier version was to be more reliable for me.