Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmie

Space Quest!

Uh, showing my age :(

It's a series of tongue-in-cheek adventure games made by Sierra a long time ago. It's like a text adventure but with graphics (type in stuff like "get key" but you move a guy around on screen).

There were actually six games in the series, and only the first three involved typing stuff in. There was also a graphically enhanced, 'text-replaced-with-icons' remake of Space Quest 1.

If you're a fan of Star Trek, then I especially recommend tracking down a copy of Space Quest 5, because the entire game is probably the funniest Trek parody ever ;)

Anyway, thanks for the link Timmie :)

space quest is rad and all, but it has nothing on quest for glory. especially quest for glory 4: shadows of darkness.

I've heard of the Space Quest games before, but I've not played them (and I probably never will).

Yay Space Quest!

EDIT: This is the best fan-made AGI game I've seen so far. Its really in the spirit of the original games. Great stuff.

SmellyOgre said:

What is space quest, never heard of it?

Oro....I feel old!

pregnant with worms said:

space quest is rad and all, but it has nothing on quest for glory. especially quest for glory 4: shadows of darkness.

The Quest For Glory was probably my least favourite Sierra adventure series, although still good. My favourite has to be Gabriel Knight. Even 3 was good, if you just got into the story and puzzles and ignored the atrocious engine.

DooMBoy said:

I've heard of the Space Quest games before, but I've not played them (and I probably never will).

Then, to borrow a phrase, you fail it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Then, to borrow a phrase, you fail it.

To borrow another phrase, I don't care.

DooMBoy said:

Roger Wilco: Eheeehh uhhh mmm D'oH!

*Roger Wilco takes a broom stick outta DoomBoy's ass.

Roger Wilco: ^___________________^

there are people here who have never even *heard* of space quest? O_O

space quest is my second favorite adventure game series just behind monkey island and just in front of leisure suit larry. /me downloads the fan made game

DooMBoy said:

To borrow another phrase, I don't care.

You don't care that you're missing out on some of the best games ever made? Meh. Oh well.

Grogglogobofink said:

there are people here who have never even *heard* of space quest? O_O

That's what I was thinking. 0_o SQ was fun, but of all the Serria adventure series Police Quest was my favorite.

HateFactor said:

That's what I was thinking. 0_o SQ was fun, but of all the Serria adventure series Police Quest was my favorite.

Try out Pleurghburg: Dark Ages.

Located at gaspop.com

NiGHTMARE said:

The Quest For Glory was probably my least favourite Sierra adventure series, although still good. My favourite has to be Gabriel Knight. Even 3 was good, if you just got into the story and puzzles and ignored the atrocious engine.

well, the qfg series peaked with 4, because it combined insane lovecraft parodies with the usual puns and silliness, tossed in the feel of the first (and second-best) game, and ended up with pure fucking goodness. as much as i'd love to enjoy the gk series more (i own all 3 games), i cannot get the first (and most promising, in my opinion) game to run. if i try to exit the first room, my bookshop, it just locks up and i cry like a girl. for days. my vote for least favorite sierra classic adventure series is without a doubt king's quest. still good, but they pale in comparison to the rest. well. maybe not freddy pharkas.

HateFactor said:

Heh, I loved how if you forgot to take your pistol out of its holster you would shoot yourself in the foot and the game would be over.

Unfortunately I never got the chance to play Space Quest, only see it being played. Is it free to download anywhere yet? I do mean legally, don't ban me for warez requesting.

Ultraviolet said:

Is it free to download anywhere yet? I do mean legally, don't ban me for warez requesting.

i don't believe so, but at least check out that fan made game. it's so authentically space quest it's hard to tell that wasn't made by the same team as the originals.

So where's the old man's walking stick in Replicated? PM the answer so you don't post a spoiler here.