Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Phased Lighting Sequences

So there is no way to have a Phased Lighting effect on sectors that aren't adjacent to each other. It sure isn't very customizible.

Yes, but with all of those variables and other things I can't really understand how it works. Too much junk in there to get the basic scripting.

cyber-menace said:

So there is no way to have a Phased Lighting effect on sectors that aren't adjacent to each other. It sure isn't very customizible.

Perhaps using dummy sectors would work?

cyber-menace said:

I've done it before - build the sectors all in a line somewhere in the void (with the phased specials on), and put linedefs that refer to those sectors where you want the lights to go.

You can do any thing with Scripts, You can look at my two test level thingy for a scripted phased lights, these lights can be seperate or adjacent.

phased lighting with scripting isn't overly hard, I haven't taken a look at the one on the ZDoom pages myself in ages, but it's a simple matter of fading the light levels in synch, here I'll even whip up an example. I'll try to keep it simple, sometimes (more often than not probably) I get a bit carried away with these things heh.

alright, the second script is really what you're interested in, the first one is just the intro that prints the hudmsg and fades the whole map to 0 light:

http://cyb.vect.org:8080/misc/p-lights.zip

Sphagne said:

You can do any thing with Scripts

Except many things ;)

Epyo said:

Except many things ;)

well, you can do anything having to do with the level, which is what acs is intended for. you can't of course do any dehacked or ddf sort of work, or go beyond the limits of the doom engine, but aside from that I have yet to find something I wasn't able to do. well, that's not true, since I have, but randy is good at adding features you may request as long as they aren't impossible or entirely off the wall, for instance generic freeze deaths for all monsters (including Doom) are in there because I asked for it :)

cyber-menace said:

I don't quite get what you mean. I'll try figuring that out once I have some time to do mapping.

If you bring up E4M6 of LTSD in WA and look for the room with the cross-shaped lights in it (it's to the north-west of the big door in the centre of the map), that's the phased lights that I did in this manner. You should be able to pick up how to do it from that.

Ok, I used Cyb's example wad and took some bits and pieces of the lighting script and change things as necessary, such as the lighting difference and sector tags. It works perfectly now. Thank you for your help. I'm a good ways from finished my current map right now though.