Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

ZooM: A ZDoom-based Racing Mod

We're working very hard (Read: Nanami is doing all the work) to make land mines. I think I know how to do it, I just need to try it out. Do it tomorrow. I get 4 hours of sleep tonight, yay! Goodnight. =P

Scuba Steve said:

What about, like, land mines? That's be cool.

what are you talking about, you goofball, don't you remember that you DREW us landmines? :P

quite a bit of fun... until I tried to playback my demos. :(
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/op.zip
would be nice if the demotimes were hundredths... or gametics or something. without SR50, no one is getting under 38 on map01.
that archvile attack ball is cool... you can see an example of it in my slower map25 demo.
good job guys... keep it going, Nanami!
oh, and get the coder-extraordinaire slacker Heit to fix the demo-support. :P
(although scripting may prevent this from being feasable)
edit: I used the third zoom package http://xfury.net/Xarenrath/ZooM.zip and zdoom-2-0-42.

Actually you can probably get faster on MAP01. You didn't look like you knew you can currently "wallrun" along the straightaways that are impassible. I had to move the checkpoints because of that -- you could actually go so fast that you bypass the line without triggering it. You can also "wallrun" on the green wall in MAP25, near the finish line, where the ground narrows and dips down by the lava, where that spike thing is. Interestingly enough you can even wallrun here with "wallrun" turned off.

Nanami said on her best bug ever thread:
Manc's webserver will be up again tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll upload it to Mancunet and post the URL so you can all see the posessed chainsaw for yourself.

heh, i'll just do it myself, seeing as i have unlimited bandwidth.

latest version of ZooM, now with mostly finished maps by bloodshedder and nightmare :) so yes, it's still coming along. oh, and you need 47.cab for it, 46 doesn't cut it anymore =P

Hmm, I'll check this out, I haven't played it since the first release so I'm guessing theres gunna be some differences. ;P
Haven't played Doom in a while, but I'm still not gunna most likely, but I'll play ZooM. :D Du-du-chh :P

Edit: Oh, and, is that Link there all I need to download to make it run? (not including 47cab or whatnot). Thanks. :D

Opulent said:

... keep it going, Nanami!
oh, and get the coder-extraordinaire slacker Heit to fix the demo-support. :P
(although scripting may prevent this from being feasable)
edit: I used the third zoom package http://xfury.net/Xarenrath/ZooM.zip and zdoom-2-0-42.

the current zdoom beta plays demos fine, I think he fixed the problem back in 2.0.43 actually :P http://zdoom.notgod.com/lars/47.cab (also, newer versions of zdoom play demos recorded in older versions, so like demos made in 44 can be played in 47 etc etc)

Nanami said:

Yes. That and ZDoom 47 will get you going.

Well, I just test drived it and that is marvelous, I can see that this is a dedicated project cause its quite the Goodies-packed. :D
Outstanding work you guys have there and I can't wait to see later versions of this beauty. :D

Yeah I hope we can toss out some more maps soon. Maps is all we're really lacking since we have 90% of the scripts done. Maybe Cyb will make us a Massmouth course. =D

Anyway, we may have to get rid of the MAP14 course, and if we don't get permission from Romero, the E1M1 course too. So we can be in the archives. 9_9

So I don't have to start a new thread, I'll revive this one.

The site's been updated. URL in my sig, or look here. We'll get Bloodshedder to make a news post later.

Now I need to work on the mine launcher. *Sigh*

We're still looking for mappers, so contact someone if you're interested.

For all of you that actually care about ZooM, I thought I'd show this off:

That's me testing all the status effect displays. It's impossible to get them all at once, but I made a script to test. Any status effect you get, good or bad, will show a counter on the side so you know how long it's going to last.

I'm wrapping up the coding and we're winding down ZooMdemo.wad. That's right, we're working on releasing the demo. Look for more updates soon.

I'd love to help on this, but I'm terrible at mapping! I can't figure out how to use the programs, even with tutorials... and DoomBuilder doesn't work on my computer for some reason... this project looks real nice!

If you can do anything else, we'd love to have your help.

You can:

A) Do maps
B) Do sprites (small icons, weapon graphics, projectiles)
C) Do music
D) Do sounds
E) Do textures (walls, flats)
F) Do scripts

Those are listed by priority.

I wish I could draw... sprites are out, maps, I can do if I get proper training, music if I had a proper program, for sounds I need a mic, like I said I can't draw, so textures are out, and scripting is a possibility. I have tried ACS and FraggleScript, but have not gotten too far. Of course, I could try again, and now that I've learned HTML somewhat, I could probably take a crack at ACS. That reminds me, I can do webdesign, but you've already got a site.

Most of the scripts are done. If any scriptwork was to be done it would be to touch up existing ones.

If you want to work on the website, get in contact with 5hfifty, he may let you do some site design.

sorry for reviving a old old thread, but.. does anyone have the link to the wad for this?

I really wanted to try this but I an't find any site that is still alive :\

edit: or something like it? 

(specifically a zdoom family racing mod)