Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twiztid

scripting

Well, I know Legacy uses FraggleScript for the most part. But other than that, with source port or not, I'm not sure, I'm guessing DeHacked may have some Scripting capabilities. If thats what you're asking of course. I myself don't even know despite I was looking into it a while back. :P

For zdoom, you would have to convert your main Iwad (i.e. doom2.wad) into ZDoom/Hexen format. The necessary tools for this can be found at the zdoom web site:
http://zdoom.notgod.com

Go to the download section and grab the utility package.

Deepsea has a built-in acs script editor and I believe a compiler as well. I dont know the specifics though. Check the documentation.

Edit: No, dehacked does not have scripting capabilities. Dont confuse the poor guy :)

Assmaster said:

Deepsea has a built-in acs script editor and I believe a compiler as well. I dont know the specifics though. Check the documentation.

as far as I remember, deepsea has neither. the compiler is external and I dunno how it differs from the one randy compiles (if at all), and I'm fairly certain to edit scripts you need to use notepad or something external like that. wauthor has an internal editor, which may be what you're thinking of

I think they can still be called from within deepsea though, which is what I meant by "built-in". My mistake.

Assmaster said:

Edit: No, dehacked does not have scripting capabilities. Dont confuse the poor guy :)

heh, sorry about that, I'm still very unfamiliar about any non-legacy scripting...Or scripting at all that is. :P

Twiztid said:

how can i use scipts with doom2 and if it helps im using deepsea.

If you build for ZDoom, you get all the scripting capabilities of Hexen, plus loads of extras like slopes, underwater, coloured lighting, fog etc.

I know DeePsea has a script compiler included in the zip, but IMO WadAuthor is better for doing scripts.

Assmaster said:

Deepsea has a built-in acs script editor and I believe a compiler as well.

As has already been said, they are not built in as such, but called from DeePsea. The script editor DeePSea uses is notepad by default but you can set it to use any text editor of your choice (I use Textpad http://www.textpad.com/ ).

The compiler (DeePACC) is good IMO and gives a nice clear summary of the compile (or errors) in a window that you can copy the information from. I'm not sure if the very latest internal commands are supported but Jack has certainly kept things up to date and in step pretty well with any changes Randy has made.

You also have the option of not using DeePACC and can get DeePsea to call ACC.EXE instead.