Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Evangelion Movie

Well, looks like ADV has bought the rights to make the live action Evangelion movie, and have officially announced its production. Weta Studios are doing the special effects, and it has an aggressive Time-line. The news came out in May, but I just found it. Here's some links:

http://www.animeondvd.com/press/advfilms/adv074.php
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2779.html

I personally would love to see this happen, as I'm such a big fan of Eva.

Edit: and why the Hell did "I AM A MORON" suddenly appear when I posted?

Writing 'time line' (with no space) produces 'I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON' instead. This goes waaaaayyy back. Back then, people were using time line.png so much, that it became highly annoying, so to stop people from using it, the administrators put that it.

Yeah, the words "first post" used to have a similar thing happen to them. I'd like to see that one brought back, and extended to cover fp too. Mind you, it's pretty easy to get round.

I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

see :-)

Yeah, this really is very old news. Not all that great of news either. It's almost along the same lines as if a Doom movie were announced; you know it's going to turn out horribly. I'm a huge fan of Eva as well, but I dread seeing how much they are going to butcher things with this movie.

Ichor said:

This goes waaaaayyy back. Back then, people were using time line.jpg

You mean .png

I remember back when I was a newbie, and I read the rules, I was all chipper to keep all my pics exactley the right size, no bad-language, and be perfect. I remember reading that if you curse, it will be replaced with "I AM A MORON, etc". I was shocked when I read a curseword here and it wasn't moroned out. Then I read more. I finally got up the courage to use one, and nothing happened! Apparantly, "t1meline" is more of a curseword than "fuck". I also remember reading about not posting images your grandmom wouldn't wan't to see, and then seeing Ling's avatar of the girl taking of her shirt, with nothing blanking it out, minus the fact it was 36x36 pixels, so there really wasn't anything to make out. Of course, http://www.doomworld.com/linguica is full of, er, stuff ;-)

Lüt said:

Oh?

Heh, OK, you got me. I asked for that didn't I?

It was easy to get round. :-P

BlackFish said:

live action anime? I hope they dont fuck it up.

The fact that it is anime bears little relevance. It's the overwhelmingly complex 15+ hour plot, choke-full of existencial, philosophical and theological concepts that makes this 2-something hours live action movie a real challenge.

Bah! Live action movies can never capture the feel of the anime (good example the live action hokuto no ken movie). WTF were the creators thinking? This is gonna be a waste of space. >_<

edit: i heard this piece of news ages ago.