• lost soul
    • pain elemental
    • revanant
    • mancubus
    • cacodemon
    • other

mancubus coz he ate all the piez!!!!

oloollololllllllllooo

Revenant; because of it's geeky punch and shorts.
the permanently stoned caco comes in second.

'Tha Caco' because its so damn slow; in every infight I have seen the caco dies first. Even against a demon, and the damn thing was flying about too, the cocky bastard!

Is it cuz i is tha Caco? :P

Teh 1mp, because in the PSX version, his alert noise sounds like someone farting into a toilet. Plus, as he moves, his jaw goes up and down, yammering in a comical fashion.

Nah, the mancubus is funniest. It's the John Candy of Doom.

Lost souls and pain elementals are just annoyances.

Pain Elementals can be funny if there are too many Lost Souls around (start of map 9 for instance).

Cacodemon added by popular request.

If any of the four people so far who voted "Other" meant cacodemon, and really thinks it's important, post a message and I'll change the votes accordingly.

yes, I've always found the cacodemon to be goofy :) he's always smiling and he's this floating ball which belches at you haha

TeamKill said:

I always thought the pain elemental was funny, mostly due to its wakeup sound.

Didn't we have a long discussion about the Mancubus's wakeup sound on Doomworld? Some of us thought they said "I'm your mommm", heh.

Oh dear, the second most divisive issue in Doomworld history raises its ugly head again.

The Mancubus says, "Bud".
The Pain Elemental says, "Wise".
And the Baron of Hell says, "Er".

And the sound the Imps make when they're walking around is really a couple of them doing the old "Who's On First" sketch.

Assmaster said:

Let me guess. The first is the whole "revenant wears pants" thing?

I had in mind mancubi/mancubuses. Or if you want to be really exotic, mancubae/mancubas ("based on" the fact that there are similar valid plurals of succubus).

Revenants/pants is a strong contender though. Anyone care to draw up a top ten?

Ichor: LOL.

Disorder said:

Didn't we have a long discussion about the Mancubus's wakeup sound on Doomworld? Some of us thought they said "I'm your mommm", heh.

No that's their attack sound. Personally I think he says "I'm your mom" but hey.

Anyway, their wakeup sound is something like "mmmmmGRAH!"

I'M YO MAH (As in mama). That is what he says when he fires his weapons

Ichor said:

Pain Elementals can be funny if there are too many Lost Souls around (start of map 9 for instance).

Yes, good point.

Cacodemons because they fart when they die (psx\n64 version) and they have a face like a pie.

Enjay said:

Nah, the mancubus is funniest. It's the John Candy of Doom.

or this guy

http://www.tattooz.com/paul__1.jpg

*Changed to a link due to the size of the image*

edit: saw the change to link. Sorry guys. :(

BlueSonnet said:

Yup, the living embodyment of a mancubus (shudders). Maybe we should trawl around and see how many pictures of people who look like doom monsters there are. I'm sure my old metalwork teacher would have made an excellent cacodemon.

Maybe we could get the people to pose for a few digital camera snaps and make them into Hi-res sprites. :-)

BlueSonnet said:
edit: saw the change to link. Sorry guys. :(

No problemo. Feel free to edit out my comment if you think it makes you look like a dumbass. ;)

Enjay said:

Yup, the living embodyment of a mancubus (shudders). Maybe we should trawl around and see how many pictures of people who look like doom monsters there are. I'm sure my old metalwork teacher would have made an excellent cacodemon.

No. The living embodyment of the Mancubus should be female, since the new version in Doom 3 is going to be 'female'. Other than that, the size and shape are accurate. Or you could match pictures with the old Mancubus of course.