Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

Doom: A New(bie) Threat

Well, here's my bizarre offering for the Doom community. By the way, just so you guys know, I never claimed to be a writer, I just did this as a little distraction.

Doomguy stopped to lean against the wall. The dark corridor seemed to go on forever, with no end in sight. Tired, and covered in blood, he wanted nothing more than to collapse in his own bed, safely at home. Having fought bravely on Mars, only to return to Earth to fight that horrible monstrosity responsible for this mess, his only mission now was to find a way out of this God forsaken place. As he walked onward, he noticed a dim light at then end of the tunnel. With new found hope, he continued onward, praying that the light signified an exit. Throwing caution to the wind, he sprinted forward. The light was eminating from a smallish room, completely empty save for a teleporter pad in the center. Not caring where it led, as long as it was out of this wretched catacomb, Doomguy took a step. In a flash of green light, he was gone.
For a minute, Doomguy stood there, dazed and blinded by the brightness all around him. Wherever he was, it was incredibly bright. However, much to his surprise, he could not discern where the light was coming from. It was as if the walls, and the ceiling, and the floor were all giving off this intense light. Also, he hadn't noticed it at first, but there was something else strange about the walls. They seemed solid enough, but where they connected, it looked wrong, like patches on old clothing. There were large seams which ran from the floor to the ceiling at each of the four corners. There was one way out of the room; a large door. Slowly stepping closer, he opened it. As the door raised to the ceiling, he looked in to see what could only be described as a nightmare. Doing a quick count, he figured there must have been about 50 Cyberdemons, along with an equal number of Spider Masterminds and an untold number of Archviles. They were all standing perfectly still, with their backs to him. Consumed with terror, he quickly shut the door and hoped that none of them had heard it. Checking around the room one last time, Doomguy realized there was only one way out of this mess. Checking that his shotgun was properly loaded, he went through the door.
Because the Demons had not seen him, he had a chance to take a closer look at this place. It was a large room, with a high ceiling. Scattered on the floor was a space marine's wish list of various weapons and ammo. Something else caught his eye, something which intrigued him even more. To the left and right of the door lay several Megaspheres and Invincibility Spheres. These were his ticket out of here. Grabbing one of each, he made a mad run for the BFG on the ground. As he grabbed it, there was a deafening roar as what seemed like all of Hell spotted him. Standing perfectly still amidst a barrage of rockets, bullets, and fire spells, Doomguy uloaded his BFG on the crowd. He saw some more ammo in a far corner, and ran for it. As he did, a few of the spiders, spraying bullets at him, nailed a few of the Cyberdemons. Before he knew what was happening, what had been a cooperative attempt to crush him became total chaos. Doomguy took the opportunity to take out most of the Archviles, and ran back to the first room. There, he waited for a few minutes, listening to the sounds of the battle behind the door. Soon, they faded, and as he heard the crash of the last spider hitting the floor, Doomguy opened the door.
Looking around, he stared at the carnage which surrounded him. Blood, guts, and bodies plastered the floor. In fact, the blood had been smeared so much that it covered up the seams in the walls all the way up to the ceiling. Doomguy walked forward, relieved that this last-ditch effort of Hell had failed. Suddenly, he heard an all-too-familiar scream, and turned around just in time to see an Archvile leap up from behind a Cyberdemon corpse. Doomguy raised his BFG and fired, turning the Archvile into a fine mist of blood. "Damn," Doomguy thought to himself, "Maybe it would have been better to have gone out in a blaze of glory. There seems to be no way out of this place." That's when he spotted another teleporter pad at the far end of the room. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him, hoping agaisnt hope that this would finally lead him back home.
A flash of green light, and in an instant, Doomguy was standing in a field of grass. Looking up, he saw that he was in his own front yard. "Wow, that certainly was thoughtful of them, to send me here," Doomguy thought to himself, as he walked toward the front door. Soon, this horrible chapter in Earth's history would be behind him, and he could finally take that vacation he'd been planning on since before he had been sent out to that red rock. As he approached the patio, all thoughts of happiness vanished. He stared at the walls in shock. They seemed solid enough, but where they connected, it looked wrong, like patches on old clothing...

The End??? Yes. I don't think I'd ever want to do that again.

meh.... dont take any offence by it or anything but I dont think writing storys is your thing, but if you really do like it keep trying at it.

I didn't think so either. I just wanted to try something different for a change. Well, I suppose I should get back to something productive. Those Freedoom levels I'm working on aren't going to build themselves (too bad).