Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

games that totally suck ass

Goddamnit, CS doesn't suck. I used to be one big anti-CS person but then I played it a lot and booyaka.

Any Wrestling game.

I don't know... I didn't like Rainbow six much...

And I don't think I'll ever get into Mario or Sonic games... they’re not bad games really, just not my cup of tea.

cia opretive- worst game i played in a long time.
but a good price .....$0.25
entertaining for about 1 hour then it was all over.

BBG said:

Goddamnit, CS doesn't suck. I used to be one big anti-CS person but then I played it a lot and booyaka.

it's not that counterstrike sucks, it's that the people who play it think that a headshot from three feet (or in-game equivalent, anyway) away is the epitome of l33t.

...and that those same people think that if you can hit someone from further than (again, in-game equivalent) twenty feet, you're using an aimbot.

these people, obviously, would not stand a chance playing an online game of doom in a port that lets you disable autoaim entirely - or they'd be bfg spamming.

personally, i'd rather be a plasma whore, but...

...oh, look, this is way off topic now. :p

Job said:

Most, if not all, Dragonball Z games.

Some of them I don't really like...cause I dunno what they are saying since its not in English. ;)
But all the ones I've played in english are awesome, in my opinion. Then again I also like the show a lot so that might influence my opinion. ;)

netnomad312 said:

1st suckiest: Pokemon.

I'm not going to lie, but I find most Pokémon games are incredibly fun, I've played all the Gameboy ones and I loved them all.

DooMBoy said:

Oh, and the vast majority, no wait, all fishing games suck terribly.

Well, I agree, but I Did find the fishing part of Sonic Adventure to be fun. :D

Hmmm...I don't really like games such as those Barbie, Spice Girls, ones, and sometimes games like GTA kinda get me bored real fast, even when I just look at them. But games that go no where, (keep repeating and nothing really to prove your spot in it and such) I don't really like, cause I like to feel that I'm accomplishing something. Something like Pokémon games for eggzample, the more you play the better you become, I like that cause it feels as if I am spending my time wisely cause I am becoming better at it and its possible to rank me at it and compete, which I like (mainly cause I, well, Rule at all Pokémon games :D), for eggzample, on my gameboy I have many Pokémon games, and on them I have high leveled characters, that I have had for years, I like this cause if I wanted, I could battle others to prove how good I am, I love fighting against other humans, its much more of a rush to me than fighting a AI. :D (Of course again, I never lose so thats another reason why. :P) But I like a challange, I don't like it so I win without any damage cause I do a one-hit K.O. move all the time everytime.
This also applies with games like Diablo II, or Legacy of Goku.
As for just normal skills, games such as Tekken, or Dragon Ball Z - Budokai I like cause you earn things and get to test your skills at the game against other players, its much funner to fight against other players in these games as well. (Also cause of the ranting, which is funny. :D)

But the reason I like lots of Side Platformers (Sonic, Mario, Kirby) is cause I grew up playing those ones all the time, and I really like the style, I find them fun for hours, or years. ;) But what also gets me into it, is the music, in my opinion, The Sonic Games had outstanding music, which is what made me come back for more and more along with the gameplay and fun factor. Sonic is kinda like a 4th parent to me; always was there for me from when I was a toddler till now. :D

Welp thats my feel about it, for the moment. :D

Argh! I hated the fishing parts in Sonic Adventure.

Also, the sonis games for GBA are pretty lousy.

Liam the Bard said:

strife was a pretty huge steaming lump.

ut2k3 was godawful. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

and as far as mods go, day of defeat commercial.

the counter-strike hate just because of the community and the cheaters irks me. if you find a respectable clan to play with/in or a dedicated pub with decent administration it's the only multiplayer you'll ever need...

Yes

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't know... I didn't like Rainbow six much...

I dont like it eather, it made me very very angry that you cant see your weapon in first person mode, actully I fucking hate it alot along with any other game that also does that.

Here's my list.

* Anything made by the infamous "headGames", including Extreme Paintbrawl series and "Juggernaut" for Quake 2
* Asheron's Call - the whole thing is based around waiting, pretty much...not quite to the extent of Progress Quest, but it still ultimately centers around waiting. "Oh look, a bunny. LETS KILL THE DARNED THING AND GET IT OVER WITH"
* Frogger (PC remake by Hasbro) - the game that started darn near every classic remake in existance...and it really sucked. Can't see where you're going at all.
* Counter-Strike - This'll change with Condition Zero, unless the SP bots do things like spam you with links to their website or vote-ban you for attempting to buy the AW/M.
* Atomic Bomberman - All the backgrounds hurt my eyes after a while, and they tried too hard to give it attitude. The game isn't that great, and it's darn near unplayable due to Interplay's lack of a speed limiter.
* Tamagotchi, and any other "virtual pet" system (including Neopets and other such things).

wildweasel-r3000 said:

* Tamagotchi, and any other "virtual pet" system (including Neopets and other such things).

What about Chao? :D

Bomberman for the ps1 is one of the WORST games, if you die in a deathmatch you have to wait for the rest of the computer controlled enemies to finish it. So you just sit there for 5 mins watching them kill each other. There are barely any power ups and the game is horribly designed. All you do the whole time is blow up a bunch of rocks or tree stumps with your bombs.

SmellyOgre said:

Bomberman for the ps1 is one of the WORST games, if you die in a deathmatch you have to wait for the rest of the computer controlled enemies to finish it. So you just sit there for 5 mins watching them kill each other. There are barely any power ups and the game is horribly designed. All you do the whole time is blow up a bunch of rocks or tree stumps with your bombs.

That sounds a lot like Bomberman 64 which was one of the most fun games I ever played.

However, if you died in Bomberman 64 you came back as a "ghost." You can't make bombs and you can't win, but you can pickup or kick other bombs, and take control of other people and make them die. Great for getting revenge on someone who killed you.

What most people don't realise is that Bomberman is a complete and utter rip-off of Boulder Dash.

If it's fun, who cares?

Unless your game is completely original and the first of its kind, you "borrowed" from someone somewhere anyway.

The one thing I don't get is why so many people who liked UT hate UT2K3. Honestly, it's really the same damn game with flashier graphics. I just can't see how you can hate it if you like the first one because it plays the same.... it just looks nicer. However, it is all in oppinion. And for anyone to call a game 'bad' is really making an unfair judgement, being as that it's all in opinion (yeah, I know, i said some games sucked. But hey, only imho).

[Side Rant]
Since we're all talking about games that we think suck, I'd like to point out comparison threads, where people compare one fps to another, for example, and there's often talk of why one sucks. People will say how one game isn't anything special because it doesn't have what this other game has, or that it's new features don't mean anything in a game. However, just because people group two games in the same genre doesn't mean that they're the same game. A popular example is the many debates over I've heard over the yet unplayed games Doom3 and Half Life 2. The thing of it is, these two games are about two different things, and they strive for two different styles of gameplay, so comparing them is like comaparing oranges and apples... or something.
[/Side rant]

NiGHTMARE said:
What most people don't realise is that Bomberman is a complete and utter rip-off of Boulder Dash.

Ya know... having played both games, I fail to see how that is accurate at all.

Shaviro said:

wtf. Unreal 2 is in no way overrated.

really, because i was disappointed by it, even though i didn't expect much from it. the story was a joke, the graphics were ridiculously overprettified to the point it was a bonus joke (and yet even still, not one reflection in the game reflects yourself O_o). you can jump through bars overhead in many locations (particularly noticeable on the ship) and walk through other characters (i don't think it's terribly difficult to at least make characters or any model for that matter, SOLID). it was also extremely short (although the ending dragged out way too long).

i saw no true originality in any part of the game, rather it felt like a mix of half-life, unreal (really only in the first map though), deus ex, quake 2, blood, and a slight touch of doom, not to mention that mouth-cave thing was ripped off directly from star wars (and no, it wasn't just coincidence). it also was without a doubt in my mind the most linear first person shooter ever created (i can't remember a point in the whole game you get more than a single direction choice).

the weapons were cool enough, although nothing terribly special, and that crazy alien pilot guy was definitely amusing, but that's really about all it had going for it. and razzly dazzly highly exaggerated special effects, but i think of that as more a con than a pro.

NiGHTMARE said:

having played both boulder dash and several versions of bomberman, i can safely say that you are, for the most part, wrong - especially because i haven't ever seen a version of bomberman where things can drop from above you and smash your character.

they are, granted, both "move around in a maze, grab things, and avoid running into enemies" games, but then you could say that doom is a ripoff of boulder dash.

now that's just silly.

yeah i've played both boulder dash and bomberman as well. both are pretty good but they're not really all that similar. anyway, genres have to start somewhere. you never hear anyone claiming keen is a ripoff of mario =P

JavaGuy4230 said:

The one thing I don't get is why so many people who liked UT hate UT2K3. Honestly, it's really the same damn game with flashier graphics. I just can't see how you can hate it if you like the first one because it plays the same.... it just looks nicer. However, it is all in oppinion. And for anyone to call a game 'bad' is really making an unfair judgement, being as that it's all in opinion (yeah, I know, i said some games sucked. But hey, only imho).

The weapon's of ut2k3 have a little difference. the sniper riffle was replaced, the secondary of the pulse gun is different, the shock rifle's combo are too easy, etc,etc...
The maps are too differents....

I like the UT and the UT2, is terrible play this on Turbo mode (UT) or high speed.

But i hate the UT2's translocator. :(

BBG said:

it was the other way around for me. i thought, it can't be that bad, but then i played it.

insertwackynamehere said:

The Sims pisses me off, because it's passed off as an appropriatre thinking game, when I find it no more apropriate than Vice City.

Vice City: Beat up people, rape people, almost nudity, suggestive themes, etc.

Uh, you don't rape anybody in Vice City rofl! There is a "sex" scene when you buy the film studio, but that is a far cry from rape.

You were right about everything else, though. lol

Shaviro said:

wtf. Unreal 2 is in no way overrated.

*Glances at the back of the Unreal 2K3 manual from the box*

[Fancy Logo Art]
"...it's gonna save PC gaming as we know it."
- Computer Gaming World

"...impossible not to stare slack-jawed...before attempting to process the beauty of what you're seeing."

- PC Gamer

If that isn't excessive over-rating and unnecessarily bogus pre-release hype, then I'm a fucking Korean.

*reads Shaviro's post again*

ROFLMFAOAPMPWBYSOTBFABANOHB