Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Searcher

"Redemption"

"Redemption" Just released.

12th map in the Blind Alley series for Doom 2. Now running on map one.

A very fun play with decent scenery. No port required.

Under normal play I do not consider it hard to play in UV. In fact, it may well be one of my easier maps. Difficulty of play is comparable to Doom 2 on UV, so no one should have all that much trouble with it after a few runs. Skill levels were added just in case. So, if it is just to easy boost it up to fast or respawn, but most people won't need that.

There is a berserk and a chainsaw as well as a fair number of bullets if anyone wants to try tyson style on it. Should be something here for everyone.

While none of the secrets are required to finish the map they do contain extra health and enough extra ammo and such to allow extensive use of the SSG and some other larger weapons.

You will never have to hunt for ammo in there, that is the least of your problems. I have been a little more generous with health and ammo in this one. A real straight forward map. No hard puzzels, just great gameplay in a real decent looking map.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

Legacy version 1.40 UV max demo of the level included in the zip file.
If you are having trouble with the secrets or the battles watch the Legacy demo. It is a very do-able map. ;)

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!!

Bndalyw.zip
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/
or
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/bndalyw.zip

Give it a try and post some feedback.

Played. Very fun, I like the layout and design a little more than previous maps in the series. Action is top notch! The secrets are classic too, I found a few but more remain hidden. If you want demos what port would you prefer?

Use3D said:

Played. Very fun, I like the layout and design a little more than previoius maps in the series. Action is top notch! The secrets are classic too, I found a few but more remain hidden. If you want demos what port would you prefer?

Thanks much, glad you liked it. I really enjoy it myself.

If you care to do a demo, Vanilla, Prboom, or Legacy would be great.

I was a bit inspired by Ult. Doom on this on so some of it looks episode 4-ish, my favorite episode.

Thanks.

I sent you a demo, it's for the great prBoom. Fun!

Use3D said:

I sent you a demo, it's for the great prBoom. Fun!

Use3d
Nice job on the demo. Really enjoyed it. Seems like you picked it up pretty darn fast.

It is sure great to see how other people play my map. Also nice to know some people even sort of like them ;)

It is way faster than my first UV run. Nice job.

Thanks much.

-------

BlackFish said:

i like the elevator thing.

Blackfish - Yeah it is kind of interesting. First time you run it, it is hard to figure out what is going on till it hits the bottom and you hear that monster alert sound.