Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetflock

New Weapons Pack for Deathmatching.

Hi all! I just released an alpha version of a new weapon pack for multiplayer use. The test was last night, and I must say, it was insanely fun. If anyone else wants to try this early release go to :
geocities.com/rasputin1980/newguns.html
I have fixed all the previous files that were zipped wrong. Sorry about the no-frills geocities page, if you can look past that I'm sure you will have great fun in a Deathmatch(map 01 for doom2 was fab, with tons of guys jumping around with flamethrowers). I recommend using a sourceport with a jump for cooler play value.
Pack includes : fast handgun, M-16, new fists, Flamethrower (very fun, good dynamics), and a Double barrelled(not as bad as you think) BFG.
Visit the page, Enjoy!
doom_forever@hotmail.com

Am I right in saying the double BFG isn't really a double BFG at all, just a single BFG with an altered sprite to look like 2 blue balls of plasma?

I was one of the pepole who tested this, and i'll tell you right now that the flamethrower is the best weapon i've used in a DM game... Next to the Super Shotgun, of course.

I finaly got to play it.

Meh, it's not real great. What it needs is cleanup! The images are all grainy, poorly converted, pictures. The Powerglove, while interesting, seems kinda lame and out of place. If they could be touched up, recolour the skin so it matches the DooMGuy's Skin and manually take out all the dithering that transfering to the doom palette creates, it would be a ton better. The flame thrower needs some work too. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be? Are you shooting flames from your hand? The flames don't do anything either, it's just a static image traveling from the gun. Like a plasma shot that just ends abruptly mid flight. The sprites need to be drawn as to expand as they travel outward, or make them dissipate into smoke. The pistol seems out of place, it's just the one from ...um... that wad with the Quake 2 guns in it... you could shoot away a broken wall in the beginning? And the Double BFG... a very unique Idea, but it just doesn't work. What you should do, is remove the rocket launcher, by turning it into another bullet weapon by changing codepointers. Then give the BFG another frame that fires the rocket and set it's duration to 0, change the rocket into a BFG shot and BAM a true Double BFG! That's what I'd do

Seeing as how this is an Alpho however, I really shouldn't be so harsh, there's alot of work still.